Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why is recommended to NOT buy the Super 1050 if you are going to be do

waddo29

AND one thing that no one has mentioned = WARRANTY. The 650 is a lifetime unconditional warranty, the 1050 is one year.

But if I was in the market for a 2d Dillon progressive press it would be another 650 because of the warranty. (Don't get me wrong, if someone gave me a 1050, I would take it, and possibly just use it for case prep.

Mark K.

The prime reason nobody has mentioned it, is because the warranty isn't an issue.

If you can't kill a 1050 in the first year, by the time a part on it dies it will have given you so much value, you won't begrudge replacing it.

I've owned 2 different 1050's over the last 10 years. So far the only part I've managed to break was a part I consider an expected wear item anyway, the indexing pawl.

If you keep the press clean and adjusted, lube it as suggested, and don't abuse it, the 1050 should last your lifetime and possibly your kids.

What he said.. I got my 1050 used and put at least 175,000 rounds on it so far. Nothing I can remember broke but the pin that works the primer slide and Dillon sent me one of those free anyway as it's the same part as the 650 and other presses.

I think I would really prefer to have a Super 1050, but now there are a lot of examples in this thread that are making me second guess the XL 650

You will be USING the press a whole lot more than you will be changing calibers. The downstroke priming of the 1050 blows the upstroke priming of the 650 out of the water. Get the 1050.

With that fancy new Limcat on the way you're going to be loading mostly 9 major. .40 will be an after thought for an occasional IDPA match. In addition it won't be long before you've caught the AR bug and will be loading .223. Pull the trigger on the Super 1050 and call it a done deal!!!:devil:

With that fancy new Limcat on the way you're going to be loading mostly 9 major. .40 will be an after thought for an occasional IDPA match. In addition it won't be long before you've caught the AR bug and will be loading .223. Pull the trigger on the Super 1050 and call it a done deal!!!:devil:

That's good advice Tav, I am going to need some rifles to start filling the safe I have on the way!!! At least 1 AR and one shot gun to start.

That's good advice Tav, I am going to need some rifles to start filling the safe I have on the way!!! At least 1 AR and one shot gun to start.

followed by 3 gun matches!!!