Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trojan 40sw

kellymc

Do the mags go in when the mag release is pushed?

The mags go in smooth with mag release pushed. The gun is all factory parts and new. After using it some the mags will go past the catch with a very firm push. But it's still very rough at the catch.

The mags go in smooth with mag release pushed. The gun is all factory parts and new. After using it some the mags will go past the catch with a very firm push. But it's still very rough at the catch.

Do you have another mag release from another 1911? If so, swap em out and see if that works. If not, PM me your address and I'll send you one to try.

Do you have another mag release from another 1911? If so, swap em out and see if that works. If not, PM me your address and I'll send you one to try.

I have a 9mm spartan. Maybe with the help a youtube vid I might be able to remove and reinstall myself.I'll check for burrs while im at it. Thanks for the suggestions. Edited by kellymc

I increase the bevel on the bottom of mine so that it is easier for the top of the mag to push it out of the way. That, combined with a trimmed mag catch spring, fixed the issue in every 1911 that I've had.

I took the mag catch out last night. It appeared to me that the mag catch had so much extra metal in the mag opening that the mag didn't make contact on the factory bevel area at all. So a I added more bevel till the mag contacted it.It works I lot better now.I still believe the area that actully holds the mag in needs shortened a little as it really hangs out over the mag and requires a big push and the mag release button almost bottoms out before a mag drops. Thanks Kelly

Edited by kellymc