Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why no bipods in Tactical?

I have a couple of bipods, and agree that many people have them but that is not a good reason for including them in Tactical. You need to split divisions some how or everyone would shoot heads up. Also they aren't needed 90% of the time. Remember our long range targets are supposed to be big enough for irons to shoot, not a sniper match.

I'm against bipods being allowed in Tactical simply so that we can keep some distictions between an Open rifle and a Tactical rifle, which are very close in performance anyway.

IF we allowed them, I think they should have to remain on the rifle for the entire match.

I dont think I'd run one even in open. Why hang an extra pound off the front end of an already heavy gun? Just so it can get caught on ports?

In Open they can be put on and taken off the gun. As they say RTFM :cheers:

I dont think I'd run one even in open. Why hang an extra pound off the front end of an already heavy gun? Just so it can get caught on ports?

As smokshwn said you can remove it when not needed. Also its a huge help on some stages.

Pat

When you are making long shots with a rifle the bipod makes it a lot easier and faster to get hits. I use as necessary when there is an advantage.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.