Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti aluminum grips new style when?

craigsteffek

Hello everyone I read somewhere that sti will be rereleasing there metal grips

Does anyone have info on when they will be avail and what sizes will there be

I am getting ready to deploy and would like to have one of these installed on my open gun while I am gone

Any info would help

Thanks

Craig

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Having only shot plastic gripped 2011's, what is so special about the aluminum grips?

Both my 2011's have aluminum grips...they are more solid feeling and you gan't grip them hard enough to cause the mags to stick...or at least I can't.

Would the aluminum grips be more likely to get along with SVI magazines? I had to take quite a bit of material out of mine to get them to drop free...

I don't think so. The previous gen SVI mags will work without any issues. The current gen will need so work on the mag catch hole to operate correctly.

Are they any smaller than the plastic ones?

I don't think so. Same size, just feel more solid.

Would the aluminum grips be more likely to get along with SVI magazines? I had to take quite a bit of material out of mine to get them to drop free...

I don't think so. The previous gen SVI mags will work without any issues. The current gen will need so work on the mag catch hole to operate correctly.

Are they any smaller than the plastic ones?

I don't think so. Same size, just feel more solid.

I use the new mags in my aluminum grips. It was an easy fix I had to thin out the mag catch a little.

Edited by AWLAZS

• 2 weeks later...

Dawson Precision just sent me an email with the STI aluminum grip advertised at $280. Here's a link to Dawson's webpage;

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800015C8-1341871186

Did the email say if they have them in stock or is Dawson just letting people know they will have the grips once available.

Thanks

lilB

Dawson Precision just sent me an email with the STI aluminum grip advertised at $280. Here's a link to Dawson's webpage;

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800015C8-1341871186

Did the email say if they have them in stock or is Dawson just letting people know they will have the grips once available.

Thanks

lilB

It didn't say either way. It did say that all the guns featured in the email were in stock. Should be easy to call Dawson and ask though.

http://www.dawsonpre...15C8-1341871186

Thanks

lilB

It didn't say either way. It did say that all the guns featured in the email were in stock. Should be easy to call Dawson and ask though.

I'm not a betting man but if I had to bet I would bet that they aren't, I bet ya :roflol: