Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

wanting to build a 9 major gun

rupture

So since they finally got 9 running, I was thinking about building a 9 major open pistol. There are a few questions I have. What is the max OAL I can run in 9. Guess I'll ask the other questions as they arise

thinking about building a 9 major open pistol. What is the max OAL I can run in 9.

I've run 115 gr JHP MG out to 1.175" and have heard others

load them a little longer but the bullets aren't in the case

very far:(

Now I load 124 JHP to 1.16" - leaves a lot of room for the WAC

and have more case wrapped around the bullet:)

Jack

thinking about building a 9 major open pistol. What is the max OAL I can run in 9.

I've run 115 gr JHP MG out to 1.175" and have heard others

load them a little longer but the bullets aren't in the case

very far:(

Now I load 124 JHP to 1.16" - leaves a lot of room for the WAC

and have more case wrapped around the bullet:)

Jack

you've run that long in a tan witness? I am talking about tan not sti

I've run 115 gr JHP MG out to 1.175"

Jack

you've run that long in a tan witness? I am talking about tan not sti

OOPS, sorry. I was talking STI. don't know about Tan's. Jack

I just started using a tanfo large frame gold team in 9mm a few months ago. I ordered a gold conversion kit from EAA in 9mm and put it on my lmited 40 lower. Using the new K-9 mags it runs flawless as others have posted. The longest I've been able to load to is 1.155 with montana gold 124 gn cmj bullets. Any longer than that with that particular bullet and it won't turn freely in the chamber with the barrel out of the gun using your fingers. It actually touches the rifling at about 1.160 on mine. I have been loading to major power factor using HS-6 and silouhette with no problems so far. I've shot maybe a thousand rounds at this oal with no failure to feeds.

I havent owned a Tanfoglio for a while but did they fix the issues with the mags and 9mm? Last I knew they mags wouldnt feed the 9mm cases very well.

Yeah the mag issues have been fixed. I put about ~5000 rounds through mine last year without a single mag related issue.