Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone shot timers

Rugster

I have the surefire shot timer app and the Tauras shot timer app. They work great for setting par times for dry fire practice. As far as picking up shots during live fire, I don't think that I would trust them to be as accurate as a normal timer.

I just got an iphone and the first app was sure fire.

I tried it with my airsoft and it would pick up shots here and there.

I think it is a great app to use indoors with dry fire with par time as the beep isn't too loud.

I just got an iphone 4s and the surefire app crashes immediately so I haven't used it. I also have "Shot Timer" from innovative applications (Taurus Timer) and it doesn't pick up the shot unless I have the phone 1 foot away from the muzzle. In one of the reviews, somebody said the noise cancellation of the 4s is interfering with it.

+1 on the dry fire using the Surefire app. For live fire it gets a little buggy, but it works ok. I use it for my dry fire and if you jack up the sensitivity it will pick up the sound from the holster draw. The Surefire app showed me where I was weakest in my draw, which was from beep to getting to the gun. Learning to draw as soon as I heard the beep is where I was losing the most time. This app is great for helping speed up reaction time to the beep itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using the surefire app at a match when a couple of the officers with timers showed up late. It worked great after fidgeting with the settings a bit, although OPEN guns from a distance tended to throw it off. We were in a wide open area with no berms between us.

I have the sure fire app and for practice it works ok once you have the sensitivity dialed in. I does not work well with other people shooting near by. I have the IPSC shot timer by snap as well. I never got around tos etting up but apparently you can record the sound of you gun firing and it will work better to pic up the sound as a result. Perhaps one of these days I will get around to trying it out. I would not trust anything on the iphone for a match.

I have the sure fire app and use it for live fire practice. You will have to adjust the sensitivity level, but once you get it figured out it works fairly well. I wouldn't use it for a match though.

I have the sure fire also I use it for dry fire and live fire sounds like a broken record but I would not trust it in a match

I have the sure fire app and use it for live fire practice. You will have to adjust the sensitivity level, but once you get it figured out it works fairly well. I wouldn't use it for a match though.

I have the sure fire also I use it for dry fire and live fire sounds like a broken record but I would not trust it in a match

Not to go off on a tangent, but I see that you're from DeSoto, MO. I spent the first half of my life there (class of '97) and my parents still live there.