Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM single stack feed problems

apriav

I have a 9MM single stack that won't feed the first round of 10 round mags, dose a nose dive (Tripp mags). After the first round they are very reliable. Sometimes the last round gets stuck between the slide and the barrel in a horizontal postion not in a vertical stove pipe, it seems like the empty case misssed ejector. I have tried different overall length ammo and the shorter the ammo it gets worse. Anybody got any ideas?

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH !!

I bought 2 SA SS Loaded, a 9MM and a .45ACP. The .45 has run great never a FTF.

Now the 9MM is a different story, Sent it back to the SA Custom Shop for Slick & Tweek & a Fiber Optic sight.

Bought 5 Wilson ETM 9MM Mags for Steel Challenge. 4 of the mags worked perfect, one was a bitch. Checked it on a surface plate with heigth gauge, calipers, protractor, and miks. Could not find anything different. Except it would not work in the dammnnn pistol.

Talked to Wilson, Mr Jason Jones replaced it and that one wouldn't work either, sent it back and they replaced it. Second one worked perfect. Could not find anything different and I can measure and use a protractor.

Wilson Customer Service people are great to deal with.

1911 Platform 9MM finiky to work with is a gross under statement. LOL

Happy New Year,

Perry

Been there... Done that.... got the T-shirt too.

My 9mm Colt does not like my Tripp mags unless the bullet has a round nose profile. It likes the Metalform 10 rounders with any bullet round, pointy whatever.

Try a round nose profile bullet. Montana Gold 130 gr round nose or maybe the Berry 38 super 150 gr bullet.

Hope that helps.

woof

Stick with the 9 round Metalform/Springfield magazines - it will correct both issues - tune the feed lips for even smoother feeding. The second problem you describe is caused by the spacer in the rear of the magazine - the round ride forward a bit and the feed lips loose control of the round and it "pops up" out of the magazine. The Metalform/Springfield will prevent this.

My 9mm Spartan needed a good throating in order to function with all types of ammo. The same was true with my Metroarms American Classic .45, also made in the Philippines. Both are good guns, but they both had to be throated to work right.