Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory 9mm OAL vs hand load reccomendations ?

p5200

If the case is staying in the chamber, check your crimp. If you don't have enough the case in the chamber being extracted will hit the rough edge of the case in the magazine waiting to be chambered, and pull off the extractor.

Something to look at....

DougC

If the case is staying in the chamber, check your crimp. If you don't have enough the case in the chamber being extracted will hit the rough edge of the case in the magazine waiting to be chambered, and pull off the extractor.

Something to look at....

DougC

No, its extracting the spent cases. Its just feeding two fresh rounds at the same time after it does :)

If I were you, I would try 1.130"-1.140" and a standard 17lb recoil spring. I'll bet it will run all day B)

Any reason why the stock spring would help?

My suggestion for trying that seating depth and stock springs is based on the following: If you're having feeding issues with a Glock and you want to find the root cause quickly, drop back to the std configuration which has a demonstrated reputation for being 100% reliable with almost any reasonable load and any bullet shape. Then change only one thing at a time until you find the culprit. With std magazine springs and a std recoil spring, every Glock I've ever encountered will run RN's, Conical's, and JHP's whether factory or reloads with OAL's between 1.050" and 1.169"(RN) assuming proper velocity (PF) for that bullet weight.

Hope that helps

Edited by reptoid