Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice needed: P226 X-Five Allround

Demetrio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new X series all Around.

Very few rounds through it and have ordered the SRT kit as the reset is too large for me. The mag release is also small given my thumb length that forces me to move my grip slightly to depress the release. Asked the distributor here in Spain for an extended one and they wanted 130$. Guess I will just have to get used to it!

post-43781-0-40050300-1376321611_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I did try to use my trigger finger but its a habit that I have not learned to do. With my Shadow I am used to the standard method.

Thanks for the advice on polishing and trimming the sear. I have watched the GGI video and will look closely at smoothing it out.

My new X series all Around.

Very few rounds through it and have ordered the SRT kit as the reset is too large for me. The mag release is also small given my thumb length that forces me to move my grip slightly to depress the release. Asked the distributor here in Spain for an extended one and they wanted 130$. Guess I will just have to get used to it!

400driver, congrats, that is a great looking shooter. However, I'm wondering whether Sig modified the extractor set up on new X-line or is it the same internal unit that was on the previous X-5 and X-6 pistols?

RH

Yes please do the pics!!!!!!!!

From what I have seen, there are two different thickness for internal extractors. A thin one and a thick one. The thin one is approx 1/16" wide and the thick one is approx 1/8" at there widest points.

My AllRound came with the thin extractor. It worked great. I sent my gun to Sig to have some work done to it and they put the thick one in. I started having extraction problems. I sent it back and had them put a thin one back in and it worked great again. There is one dealer in the US offering X-Line guns on Gun Broker. They look great. I am going to wait to see how the new line pans out.

400driver, thanks for the pictures! It appears that the shape of the extractor has been changed from the previous X-line, at least it is different than the ones that I have used in my 9mm X-5 Competition Model. I am optimistic that Sig revamped the design so it will consistently provide positive extraction. Is your pistol a 9mm or a .40? I wonder if the new extractor design would fit an older X-5?

RH

I don't know much about the old model, nor even this one yet as I have only put about 150 rounds through it so far (9mm).No ejection problems so far.

My only dislikes are the long reset which I will change this month and the tiny magazine release.

We did fit the upper frame of the old model X5 on to my new lower, it did fit but we didn't fire it!

Edited by 400driver

• 3 weeks later...

SRT installed , made a big difference and is now a much nicer trigger. I also put in a 17lb hammer spring which made a difference but still is heavy in double action. I will try another weight in the future.

Did a complete tear down back to the frame, very straight forward. All Around, very impressed.

The whole marketing point with the new X5 series is they are modular and you can change out accessories like different rear sights, optics mounts, slide rackers, weights etc. I have found no X5 accessories available in the states for past models or the new models. I emailed the Gunbroker dealer importing so many and they could not get me an accessory. I guess we are stuck with a Dawson Precision front sight as the only mod. I wanted a X-Mount for my X5 Competition. If you spend the bucks on their Open model it comes with one but you are supposed to be able to buy a base model and build it up from there.

I did try to use my trigger finger but its a habit that I have not learned to do. With my Shadow I am used to the standard method. Thanks for the advice on polishing and trimming the sear. I have watched the GGI video and will look closely at smoothing it out.

Can you compare CZ Shadow and Sig X-5 Allround ? Shooting, recoil...etc

It is early days to compare but the X5 does absorb the recoil better and is like a large boat that seems to plow through the wave when compared to the CZ which although very nice just is a bit more lively. They are both great guns and the problem now is that I'm torn between which one to practice with- the shooters dilemma! Too many guns and not enough hours in the day.

• 1 month later...