Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40S&W single stack options

Rig Magician

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In October I bought an STI Trojan from shooters connection and love it. It is a great gun that I have had zero problems with. To date I have put about 2000 rounds through it, and it shoots great. Hope this aids in your decision.

STI Trojan. Mine was massaged by Virgil Tripp and runs perfectly. Getting one from any of the afore mentioned dealers won't be a wrong decision at all. The basic pistol will cost you about $1k, but the options are limitless for upgrades...

Thanks everyone for the info. I may wait for a couple of months to get one. I won't have alot of time of this time home. So I will with till I get home next time in March. I am looking at the trojan to upgrade later or the USPSA that would need less done to it. I will see then.

I went a different route.

A friend of mine wanted to build a pin gun using a Hi-cap Para frame. He got a P16-40 Limited. I bought the complete upper for 400.00. I then bought a Para GI Expert for 550.00. I took the frame and sold the upper for 350.00. Milled out the frame to accept the Para barrel and assembled it.

Only took some minor tweaking.

514dbcfb.jpg

Nice guns guys. JasonS and 71commander who makes those grips. They look allot better than the stock rose wood grips.

One more question guys. where do you get your mags from. I would like to get 8 and 10 round mags. I am having a hard time finding them.

Thanks,

Mark

Grips are VZ

http://vzgrips.com/

It's a Wilson mag on the pic, but have switched to Tripp mags.

http://www.trippresearch.com/store/index.html

One more question guys. where do you get your mags from. I would like to get 8 and 10 round mags. I am having a hard time finding them.

Thanks,

Mark

I run Chip McCormick nine-round 10mm mags in my .40 Trojan. They're a LITTLE cheaper than Wilsons or Tripps.

Nice guns guys. JasonS and 71commander who makes those grips. They look allot better than the stock rose wood grips.

Thanks,

Mark

I like the looks of those VZ grips too, but keep in mind that if you're close to not making it under the weight limit, aftermarket grips made from heavier materials can be a big factor.

Just a word to the wise.

• 4 weeks later...

I asked about a Sig for single stack a while back and was told they're not legal for SS.

Any 1911 pattern gun that makes weight and fits the box is SS legal regardless of manufacturer unless I missed something

the SIG is on their web site already , should be on the market i guess by now , not sure about the price hopefully is less

I checked my local gun store and gunbroker today and couldn't find anything on the Sig. My FFL checked 4 suppliers with no avail. When will the Para be available?

It might be worth waiting for the Sig. I just got a Sig 1911 Traditional Compact, and my father in law was so impressed with it he ordered a Sig 1911 Traditional Match. Both of them are a helluva lot of gun for the money.