Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a Range insurance carrier

(I spent 10 mins searching the forums so I apologize if this has been discussed before.)

I teach Texas Concealed Carry and some Intro to Handgun courses. I have/live-on a ranch in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I'm putting in a small outdoor pistol range so I can stop spending $600/month at the local range.

For the sake of argument let's just say it's a properly constructed range. Otherwise we could discuss it all day.

I'm looking for advice on the insurance. I'm looking for carrier names that specialize in this type of thing. Also any ideas about the annual cost would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Ryder

You need to get in touch with Roy Neal here on the forums, he is an insurance agent and handles a number of different shooting related companies. He won't be back online until Monday or Tuesday because he refuses to get a computer at home.

Brian

I would also check with the NRA. They handle the coverage for my club.

X 1000. I don't know Roy Neal and he may be The Man but I do know the NRA handles a lot of range insurance stuff, they take care of our club and we couldn't afford it anywhere else. They also have a "Range Construction Manual" that has been a huge help in designing our new firing line and shelter.