Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great builders of the 6 inch?

a matt

A friend and I are looking/ thinking about getting a couple of 6inch 2011's in40 built. We are confident that the Enos grew will help with our decision. Don't want to wait a year or more but i think we do want some new guns. Any advice will help. Thanks in advance.

Edited by a matt

Check out Cheely and Akai in the dealer section. Both have a great reputation around here and I think both have reasonable lead times. I don't own either, just going by what I have heard on this site.

Edited by leas327

Cameron's Custom Guns in Phoenix does an excellent job. They had one of the highest number of shooters at the nationals shooting their guns. They are building a lot of 6" limited guns and everyone I have talked to is happy with the work. Good luck !!

Check out Cheely

+1 Matt builds great guns. A friend of mine here shoots a Cheely 6" and I shoot one of Matts Open guns. We are both extremely happy customers!cheers.gif Last time I checked Matt was around 8 months wait. The best takes time.wink.gif

Try a STI Eagle 6.0 right out of the box. They are great guns and will save you $1000 and many months of waiting. If you really think that it is the gun that is holding you back, then send it off to one of the great gunsmiths listed above.

With new machinery & more help in the shop, I now have cut my wait times to about 6-10 weeks.

A job I think many would love. Do the employees get to work on their own guns off the clock? If so, can I get a job?

JZ

n my humble opinion, there are only three choices. Cameron's Custom Guns (1st Choice my opinion) Benny at Triangle or Matt Cheely. We all build slightly different platforms but you would be happy with any of the three. By the way our current wait time is 4 months and as usual, no deposit required when you order!

I have to put in a plug for John Larson, JPL Precision, in Redmond WA. I was the first client to ask for a 6 inch limited gun and he nailed it. He's built many more after local shooters had a chance to try mine. The gun has been really great since day one. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted and worked up about 20 slide designs in ACAD. I finally picked one and he basically built it as requested with some of his own expert advice to avoid problems. Couldn't be happier.

Edit to Add: See my Avatar. It's now finished in IonBond. Need to get a new pic up.

Edited by splashdown

Alright, I have held my tongue long enough. Great builder of a 6"....... Larry's Giant Subs...... Couldn't resist any longer. :roflol:

Really, I don't own any 6" gun, but looking at the work that ALL of the smiths mentioned in this thread have done, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

plain simple you cant go wrong with all the builders listed... But, the cheapest way is to get a 6" Eagle and modify it to your liking if you think some part needs improvement.

And you can always make stuff lighter not heavier... I thought about it when I made my 6" purchase...

Edited by RippSpeed