Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Adjustble Sights for Glock

Cy Soto

I emailed blade tech and they sent me a work order number to modify my holsters woth a deeper front sight channel. Shipping back to them tomorrow and I'll report back what happens. Sounds like they've done these modifications before so I'm sure it will go well.

Following up on the work done by Blade Tech. They took back the holsters, looked them over, I emailed them sights I had on my gun (.335 tall front with fully adjustable rear - just as tall) and they were ready to deepen the sight channel.

Until....

Someone else looked at the holsters and decided - let's just make some brand new holsters instead, these look pretty well used and scraped up. So for $6 plus shipping I got 2x new holsters with custom front sight channels.

GO BLADETECH!

That is very interesting. I emailed them after reading your original post and they emailed me back stating they could not correct the issue and I would have to buy a new holster. I guess it just depends on which customer service rep you get.

• 4 months later...

I just got a Glock 17 Gen4 and found it shoots too high with the factory fixed sights. I want it for defensive carry and the occasional match. From what I'm reading here, it looks like there is a clear solution to my problem. I have the standard Blade-Tech holster. So, I gather I should get the Dawson 017-012 set up (?). Any further hints/recommendations ?

• 3 weeks later...

The adjustable rears are a good option but you can also just file down your rear sights a few hundredths of an inch for free!

The adjustable rears are nice to tweaking your zero multiple times, such as when you buy different bullets or powders and want a perfect POA=POI relationship. I zero at 25 yards and find that my adjustments are minimal between loads, and non-existant between production batches of the same load, but its nice to confirm & adjust if necessary. After something is filed away, that's material you can't put back.

Enjoy my Dawson sights on my 34 they are the 300 tall with adjustable sights. I did have a issue with the Loctite. Redid it and no issues. Blade tech holster and no drag issues. Adjustable sights the only way to go