Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone make aftermarket cylinders?

Canuck223

So odds are I'm simply going to play with my new Model 58 as is.

However, the thought occured to me, "What if......?"

I tossed around the idea of rebarreling and converting this into a moon clipped .40/10mm.

SHort of finding a spare 610 cylinder, or reeming a 27/627 cylinder, are there any manufacturers of custom N frame cylinders?

I googled, but found few aftermarket cylinders for the S&W and none for the N frame.

I half suspected with the number of smaller shops with CNC machines these days, someone would be trying.

Thanks for the link. I read the 2010 American Handgun article linked in the company website.

At the time, they were selling cylinders. Cool stuff.

I read the article. It says the cheapest conversion starts at $650 and goes up rapidly. They quote $1,100 as the more likely cost. I don't know about you but that pretty much means I will never convert anything.

Thanks for the link. I read the 2010 American Handgun article linked in the company website.

At the time, they were selling cylinders. Cool stuff.

I read the article. It says the cheapest conversion starts at $650 and goes up rapidly. They quote $1,100 as the more likely cost. I don't know about you but that pretty much means I will never convert anything.

Agreed, but it's nice to know that there are options when factory parts prove impossible to find.

You should try red jacket firearms. They could make you a cylinder thats a "game changer"!

All kidding aside I actually saw them make a cylinder on the other show forget the name but it's the one with the mom with fake cans. They actually seem to have the knowledge and equipment