Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Gold light stirikes?

mwx40x40

I wish that Jerry at Rockin H Tactical wasn't over seas indefinitely. His work on the Gold looked awesome and it seems nobody wants to work on them for 3gun. Oh well, I'll just keep shooting my Benny Benelli and leave the Gold in the safe.

Two possible fixes:

1. Replace the hammer spring.

2. Hammer travel is restricted by metal in the bolt slide link. Removing a small amount of material with a flat file will allow the hammer to travel farther thus striking and driving the firing pin deeper into the pocket.

Thought about the hammer spring, but never thought about hammer travel.

Thanks for the replys

I've never had any issue with my Gold and Federal anything shells.. is the gun clean? They aren't like Benelli's and do need a good strip down cleaning now and then.. I've heard of the firing pin issues, but that was supposedly on the earlier models.. I've had mine over 10 years and have the original pin.

• 2 weeks later...

Title say's it all. Anyone every experience light strikes with Browning Gold or with the Pink Federal Taget Shells? The primers looked deep seated, but my Browning A5 lit them up just fine.

Did you just put a new extended magazine tube or magazine spring on it?

I do have extended tube and had the spring balancing act between action spring and mag spring. Have over 500 rounds through it without issue, until the light strikes during Christmas holidays.

Actually, sprayed a little break free in firing pin hole and shot a 3 G match last weekend without incidence, but also with remington shells