Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 & Wollf spring kit

mtnglock

I have been running a Wollf comp. spring kit (lightened striker spring, lightened plunger spring, heavier trigger spring) and a 13 lb recoil spring in IDPA out of a glock 17. 3500 rounds so far and not a malfunction. This combination is with a 147 gr.Berry's plated and a power factor of 137,000. I am considering running this combination out of a G-21 with 230gr. Berry's and a light power factor say about 171,000. Anyone using this combo? Any suggestions?

The lighter striker spring could possibly have trouble with the Large pistol primers. Also, on the G21's, check to make sure the striker isn't peening the striker safety. Sometimes the safety doesn't get all the way out of the way and there's slight contact. It could cause misfires. Mine had this a little bit.

The lighter striker spring could possibly have trouble with the Large pistol primers. Also, on the G21's, check to make sure the striker isn't peening the striker safety. Sometimes the safety doesn't get all the way out of the way and there's slight contact. It could cause misfires. Mine had this a little bit.

I did not think about the large primer strike opposed to the small. I think if it is a problem I could use the stock striker as long as the slide returns to battery, I have heard of guys running comp. kits with stock striker springs in the 9mm's. Thanks for the advice.

I seat all my primers by hand with a Lee Auto Prime and the rest with a turret and Lee auto disk with powder through die. I know it is old school but I feel I have more quality control the way I load. Not as fast as a progressive but I have confidence the gun will go bang when I pull the trigger. By the way all the rounds through the G-17 so far are with winchester primers. Thanks for the input.