Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For the J-frame crowd

Flexmoney

Around 850 rounds. Mostly standard pressure 148 grain HBWC's. 50 rounds of +P's fired during carry ammo rotation, and load testing.

Fired in a S&W Model 638

Of the 850 rounds, about 400 fired "on the clock" in IDPA SSR or BUG events. (yes, I've had fun running the J frame in SSR) And a yearly requalification shoot. (when 30 of the +P's were fired)

Average just shy of 200 rounds per year usually. However, this year was less than 100.Our local indoor range does a BUG gun match every November and December. And for the last 3 years I have always run my J frame. Only problem the match is not 100% IDPA governed. They allow everyone to load with 6 rounds and courses of fire usually involve 12 or more shots. Being the only round gun in the crowd , I gave way to the bottom feeder this year and shot it with my Kahr 9mm.

Less than a box. Just messin' around.

I used to shoot it in the bug events when I went to IDPA matches.

Then I got to running around with a bad crowd and haven't been to any of those lately. :D

Maybe next season I will make it to one of those j-frame challenges.

The J I shoot the most is a 5" .22. I'd guess about 500 off the clock, plus I think 3 steel matches. Won the iron sight rimfire division.

My wife shot her 649 in maybe 2 steel matches. Probably 200 rounds off the clock.

99 rds "on the clock" and about 50 rds screwing around, all in a borrowed 642. 99 rds because we do a 33 rd "BUG" match along with our "Off Duty" PPC matches. Will be more since I just got a 342.

Edited by Tom E