Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

not remembering your decapping rod is broken

rexican

I finally ran out of my .223 reloads before the holidays and put off reloading some more until after the craziness was over. My buddy gave me a call and told me I'm invited to his place to hunt in south TX for pigs, coyotes, and stuff I'd use a .223 for. For Chirstmas I built myself an 18" BCM barreled upper and haven't gotten around to shooting it yet. So, today I get back from work and dig out all my .223 components and make some rounds to sight in tomorrow and to shoot down there. I sorted brass, gathered my components, and got out my .223 shellplate for the dillon and slid the toolhead in to place... there was no decapping rod sticking out of the depriming station.

There is nothing worse than realizing how big of an idiot I am, coupled with the realization that I will have to pay .40 cents a round tomorrow on my way to the range (when I have enough components to make thousands of rounds at home).

I know with every squeeze of the trigger I will be grimacing with discontent.

My only comfort is that I've decided it's high time to replace my old crappy mismatched sets of dies with a brand new set of Dillon dies from Brian.