Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPR 3-way adj butt plate for ARs

BigDave

I see that JP has these on special. I did a search here and on interwebs and didn't find a whole lot. Does anyone use one or have thoughts about them?

LOP is a challenge for me (I'm 6'6") so I'm thinking this might be an option.

Edited by BigDave

LOP is a challenge for me (I'm 6'6") so I'm thinking this might be an option.

I think that goes on an A2 stock - might be wrong. It also seems as if there has to be another piece that the rod attaches to. These are made by Sierra Precision Rifles (SPR) and distributed by a number of vendors. I have not tried one but they generally make decent stuff.

If you only need a small addition to your LOP, I have an adapter for an A2 stock that adds about an inch. That can make a lot of difference for some people.

Fits an A2 stock, replaces the complete trap door butt plate assembly.

The center of butt pad is slotted with access to the adjustment screw for cant and drop adj. Can be seen in the pic link from OP

It slides up and down and rotates.

The plate that screws to the stock has allens thru the side that clamp the plate down on the rod that slides in and out for L.O.P. Also can be seen in pic.

It is a stout unit, you may want to knock the sharp edges off of the recoil pad as it does have teeth and after a long day of shooting you may get a little raw.

Accuracy Speaks also offers one of these but way more $$$. about the only difference is it has a more friendly butt pad on it. I have both. They raised the price almost double since I got mine.

As mentioned above spacers that go between you receiver and stock will work for LOP but do nothing for drop or cant.

Edited by Triggerbender