Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eaa stock conversion to single action

mumzer

would it be possible to use an oem S.a. trigger in a stock with the egw hammer, sear, etc. I have a stock with he Ning flat trigger now, and just can't get comfortable with it. looking to install oem single action parts.

could use advice.

tx

I think the trigger and the EGW parts are different hardness. And that combination would not make for a good trigger pull. Other shooters that know more than I will chime in soon and have a better technical answer than I did.

would it be possible to use an oem S.a. trigger in a stock with the egw hammer, sear, etc. I have a stock with he Ning flat trigger now, and just can't get comfortable with it. looking to install oem single action parts.

could use advice.

tx

The metal hardness difference actually makes for a longer lasting trigger job. The OEM blued hammer and sear are only surface hardened, while the EGW parts are consistently hard all through out. My trigger felt a lot better with the EGW parts as compared to the OEM parts.

Yes, the OEM trigger works with the EGW hammer and sear. There's a couple caveats, though:

- You have to remove the firing pin block since the EGW sear doesn't have the arm that disables the firing pin block.

- If you do not get the prepped sear from Henning, you'll have to do a lot of fitting to get the safety to work correctly, and have a nice reset distance. It's not impossible to do as long as you still have your OEM sear to compare geometries against. With the prepped sear, it's only a minor bit of fitting.

Edited by Skydiver

I actually already have the egw, hammer, sear in place. I would just want to swap in an oem s.a. trigger.

could use advice.

tx

The metal hardness difference actually makes for a longer lasting trigger job. The OEM blued hammer and sear are only surface hardened, while the EGW parts are consistently hard all through out. My trigger felt a lot better with the EGW parts as compared to the OEM parts.

Yes, the OEM trigger works with the EGW hammer and sear. There's a couple caveats, though:

- You have to remove the firing pin block since the EGW sear doesn't have the arm that disables the firing pin block.

- If you do not get the prepped sear from Henning, you'll have to do a lot of fitting to get the safety to work correctly, and have a nice reset distance. It's not impossible to do as long as you still have your OEM sear to compare geometries against. With the prepped sear, it's only a minor bit of fitting.

You should be good.

Actually, you'll be better than good, because you presumably did a bunch of work to make the flat trigger system work. All that polishing underneath the trigger bow and on the plunger head, as well as any plunger spring tuning that you did will also benefit the OEM single action trigger. Just take off the flat trigger from the trigger bow, and put the OEM trigger back on.

I suggest keeping the pin and nut from the FTS, instead of going back to the OEM roll pin. It makes life so much easier when putting in the trigger, and later when taking the trigger back out for a detail strip. Additionally, there's less "slop" on the trigger from side to side when using that pin and nut, as compared to the roll pin.

thanks SD. that was my hope and expectation as well. Henning trigger is beautiful, but i just cant fall in love with the straight surface. i will definitely keep the pin however.

thanks for your insights.