Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun ideas for 2013

Resjudicata

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we want non-reciprocating front sights how about a non reciprocating rear sight as well? My high standard victor has a rail that attaches at the front that carries both sights. The slide is flat topped and fits underneath. Or maybe a bracket of somekind that attaches at the back of the frame that carries the rear sight. Or maybe a full length rib that attaches to the dust cover like a c-more that carries the sights... Then you could have as long a sight radius as you wanted without caring about the lengthy of the slide or barrel.

Edited by caspian guy

^best answer so far^

With a full rail you could also practice with optics (like an aimpoint micro) for hold, trigger control, shoot&move. Or practice with TacSol 22 conversion. Or both. The less the gun jumps up (read:heavy) the more to gain from non-reciprocating sights.

post-354-0-74197200-1328474460_thumb.jpg post-354-0-47721800-1328474831_thumb.jpg

Edited by eric nielsen

This should be interesting.

IMG_20120130_192848.jpg

So? How does it shoot?

Chris

Shot it today for the first time but I was visiting another range and only got to shoot 10 rounds or so out of it at the end of an IDPA match before I had to go. It has potential for sure.

Am I reading things correct, can we shoot 9mm major?

No, apparently it maybe something that could possibly be brought up by the BoD

of course just like a 3lbtrigger in production this would be without any input from the members and look how they great idea turned out. Just like this would turn out.

If they do it in Limted, then they would have to go ahead in do it in Limted 10 and Single Stack, so why not while they are at it just get rid of major scoring all together, hell it will be cheaper for everyone. We can just make it all about capacity and get rid of power and accuracy all together.

Whatever the rules are in 2013 is an irrelevant point. Everyone will be shooting to the same rules and thus on an even footing. I'll compete and enjoy myself. My only hang up with the changes is that they will only accelerate the arms race again. For a few years we will see some cool new toys out there to ooh and aah over and write about and speculate the impact of and argue about. In the end one configuration will become the predominant favorite. Just like in Open class. There are small variations from build to build, but most of the open class pistols are 5" STI based platforms, with 4 or 5 port comps, lots of holes in the slides, C-more sights and 170mm mags in either 9mm or 38 super comp. Limited is the same way now, but in the end, we will all simply need to buy new guns to remain competitive and they will of course cost more than they already do. Why does this matter? Growth. Right now at minimum a new shooter getting into Limited division will have to spend $1500-$2000 to get running with a competitive Glock. Starting with a Tanfoglio will have a start up cost more in the ball park of $2500. A bone stock Edge, mags and rig will run closer to $3000. $4000 if that person wants to start with a more custom build. If a new competitor has to buy a 6" sight tracker just to be on even footing equipment wise, forget it. At some point the Limited Class pistols will shoot almost as well as open guns and the HF on classifiers will gradually creep up to the point that it will take years for a new guy to get out of C class. A few years from now, our currently cool Camerons, Dawsons, Brazos, McLearns and Infinities will be looked upon as dinasaurs, same as the old single stack open guns of 20yrs ago. If the proposed changes happen, I'll adjust and on with life we go. I just can't help but to think that the changes will not really benefit the sport and could serve to limit growth. Sorry to be a fly in the pudding, but those are my thoughts.

so why not while they are at it just get rid of major scoring all together, hell it will be cheaper for everyone. We can just make it all about capacity and get rid of power and accuracy all together.

This would make the most sense. It doesn't seem to matter in 3 gun. I switch back and forth between my Glock 34 & 35 and I never notice a difference. I'd just as soon save some cash

What about every shooter with a .40 limited gun. We would all have to build 9mm limited guns to stay competitive. I sure don't like the thought of throughing my $3000 limited gun in the trash and build another 3000 limited gun to stay competitive.

Allowing sight trackers and thumb rest is not a big change. I don't feel like I am not competitive because I don't have a sight tracker, but when someone has 4 more rounds than me I do.

of course just like a 3lbtrigger in production this would be without any input from the members and look how they great idea turned out. Just like this would turn out.

If they do it in Limted, then they would have to go ahead in do it in Limted 10 and Single Stack, so why not while they are at it just get rid of major scoring all together, hell it will be cheaper for everyone. We can just make it all about capacity and get rid of power and accuracy all together.

Huh? Sorry, not understanding you're post at all.

What about every shooter with a .40 limited gun. We would all have to build 9mm limited guns to stay competitive. I sure don't like the thought of throughing my $3000 limited gun in the trash and build another 3000 limited gun to stay competitive.

Allowing sight trackers and thumb rest is not a big change. I don't feel like I am not competitive because I don't have a sight tracker, but when someone has 4 more rounds than me I do.

Me neither but the 9mm would be free after a season of ammo cost savings. The more you shoot the more free it is. My wife taught me that math. It works great on purse sales too.

You are gonna build a 9mm eventually anyways as 3 gun is taking over. Everyone is doing it.

The savings is maybe $30 a 1000.

So a pistol cost 3000. So you need to shoot 100,000 rounds of 9mm to break even on ammo cost. No so good of an idea when you only shoot 15000 a year.

Me neither but the 9mm would be free after a season of ammo cost savings. The more you shoot the more free it is. My wife taught me that math. It works great on purse sales too.

You are gonna build a 9mm eventually anyways as 3 gun is taking over. Everyone is doing it.

As far as I'm concerned they should have left the rules the way they were. The rules only benefit a few shooters and the 6" parts manufacurers & gunsmiths. IMHO if you can't shoot with a 5" a 6" will not help. Sight trackers have been around many years, they were used in bowling pin shoots when this sport was a big thing. If I were going to build a 6" sight tracker I would just build a new top end for my open gun and not waste the money on a 6" dust cover lower end and find out like most will that it was a waste of money to build a 6". All USPSA is doing is turning Limited into Open 40. Next you will see comps or poppels allowed. I'll just continue to shoot Open 38SC, L-10 & SS (40 S&W). Look at what 9mm major has accomplished nothing other than taking a cartridge to the ragged edge and beyond.

As far as I'm concerned they should have left the rules the way they were. The rules only benefit a few shooters and the 6" parts manufacurers & gunsmiths. IMHO if you can't shoot with a 5" a 6" will not help. Sight trackers have been around many years, they were used in bowling pin shoots when this sport was a big thing. If I were going to build a 6" sight tracker I would just build a new top end for my open gun and not waste the money on a 6" dust cover lower end and find out like most will that it was a waste of money to build a 6". All USPSA is doing is turning Limited into Open 40. Next you will see comps or poppels allowed. I'll just continue to shoot Open 38SC, L-10 & SS (40 S&W). Look at what 9mm major has accomplished nothing other than taking a cartridge to the ragged edge and beyond.

Here in SoCal ... Most shooters shoot 9mm Major because 38super brass are very rare and expensive... I figure theres a abundance of 38super in the east coast but very hard to find any kind of bulk brass here...

• 2 months later...

I want a threaded barrel for my Glock 24 and to somehow screw something on the end I can mount a sight too. Longer sight radius cheap ass sight tracker. Where can I send it for someone to build that up for me this offseason?