Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun ideas for 2013

Resjudicata

So, it looks like wide open horizons for 2013 with the new rules going into effect for Limited and Limited 10. With that in mind, what are you guys thinking of building in the coming year for the two Limited Divisions?

If we are truly wide open (as in anything goes except dot sight and comp) I'm thinking of building a 40 cal. wide body version of my Bianchi gun. A 6" barrel 1911 with sight attached to the barrel and 5" slide. What about you guys?

Chris

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret selling the Bar-Sto 6 inch upper for the Glock 21......

Might consider building a 40 on the Glock 21 platform, using a Tactical or 6 inch Lonewolf G20 slide, and a barrel chambered for 40.....

See if that's softer shooting that G-35.....

I have a G20 with a lone wolf 6" slide (slide with cutout and .40 barrel). There isn't a softer limited gun out there, it's not for everyone though.

How about a 6" slide but only 5 inches of it reciprocates? STI TruSight but 6" barrel.....getting awefully close to a weight at the end of the muzzle though...

OOH, then there is the Hogue 1911 top end, non-recoil operated, fixed barrel. I think J.Lim has been working on a gas delayed recoil system too (iirc from his FB page).

I feel like we are going from NASCAR to F1.

what about "gas pedals"?

Appendix D2-22 has the answer ;)

Appendix D2 will end at number 20 in 2013......

That would make recoil reducing devides that aren't comps or ports legal.....

wow!!! I dont know what to think about that ... I dont know if I would use one.

Edited by RippSpeed

what about "gas pedals"?

Good point! Thanks! I guess we are going to start seeing all kinds of goofy crap hanging off those 9" limited guns :roflol:

what about "gas pedals"?

Good point! Thanks! I guess we are going to start seeing all kinds of goofy crap hanging off those 9" limited guns :roflol:

Yep, I'm thinking a quad stack mag with 38 rounds, 3 gas pedals, and a forearm brace. Oh, and maybe a foregrip. All on a gun that weights 96 ounces. :rolleyes:

Chris

ETA: BTW, I think the IPSC guys already allow gas pedals in Standard Division so it's not that far fetched.

Edited by Resjudicata

How about a 6" slide but only 5 inches of it reciprocates? STI TruSight but 6" barrel.....getting awefully close to a weight at the end of the muzzle though...

That would be interesting

why not something like this ??? Minus the comp of course ... I was gonna have Jimmy Vidanes @ 1911 Speed Shop in Riverside;make this for me... But in 45acp; just for kicks and my own personal amusement; on a 6" tactical frame...

post-33165-0-82072800-1325115770_thumb.j

post-33165-0-34534900-1325115778_thumb.j

Edited by RippSpeed

I regret selling the Bar-Sto 6 inch upper for the Glock 21......

Might consider building a 40 on the Glock 21 platform, using a Tactical or 6 inch Lonewolf G20 slide, and a barrel chambered for 40.....

See if that's softer shooting that G-35.....

I have a G20 with a lone wolf 6" slide (slide with cutout and .40 barrel). There isn't a softer limited gun out there, it's not for everyone though.

I have the G20 with the LW 6" with out the cut out and a KKM .40 barrel. It runs and ejects OK with a 13 lbs recoil spring but I think it will do better after slide lightening. It isn't for everyone, but what recoil? It's amazing!

That would be interesting

why not something like this ??? Minus the comp of course ... I was gonna have Jimmy Vidanes @ 1911 Speed Shop in Riverside;make this for me... But in 45acp; just for kicks and my own personal amusement; on a 6" tactical frame...

Yep. I'm thinking 6" barrel, 5" or less slide heavily lightened and an attachment (unported comp) to the barrel for the front sight that also carries the cone for the front of the barrel. That's how my 9mm Bianchi gun is set up and it is great.

Chris

ETA: My thought with this thread is not to complain about the rule changes. That is happening plenty in the thread(s) about production division. We have something to be happy about in Limited. We are FREEEEEE!!!!

Edited by Resjudicata