Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25 Round .308 Mags. from POF

Blockhead

I'm used to shooting my Tac-Optics gun with 2 30 round USGI mags clamped together with a pair of Ralph Arredondo's clamps. Works great prone and for reloads (except when I'm at RM3G where I can't use 'em).

The 20 round mags for my .308 DPMS are a little short for prone. I was thinking of getting a couple of POF's 25 round units to see how they might work. I also need a good means of clampling the mags together.

Anybody out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,

CB

As far as the height, have you seen the coupler that CCW has for the .308 PMAGS? Like this one for the .223?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25716/catid/24/California_Competition_Works_60_rd_PMAG_Adapter

He had them at Piru and they look to be a tad taller than AR15 40-45 rd mags. I guess if you have .308 PMAGS you can see how tall it is by putting two bottom to bottom and maybe add an inch or two. He had them for sale at the Nationals.

As far as the height, have you seen the coupler that CCW has for the .308 PMAGS? Like this one for the .223?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25716/catid/24/California_Competition_Works_60_rd_PMAG_Adapter

He had them at Piru and they look to be a tad taller than AR15 40-45 rd mags. I guess if you have .308 PMAGS you can see how tall it is by putting two bottom to bottom and maybe add an inch or two. He had them for sale at the Nationals.

I think the OP is looking for some extra height to monopod. Not sure you would want to use the feed lips of the bottom mag to do that.

bought a POF 25 rd for just that, and it failed on me in a DPMS. i'm using Flatland Forge's PMAG extensions on my 308, both the +5 extension and the plain extension. works awesome. (and you can get him to tell the cannon story if you buy it in person)

bought a POF 25 rd for just that, and it failed on me in a DPMS. i'm using Flatland Forge's PMAG extensions on my 308, both the +5 extension and the plain extension. works awesome. (and you can get him to tell the cannon story if you buy it in person)

Do you have a link to those?