Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSG-22..Help!

OK. I bought one of these Tactical Solutions .22 conversion for my glock. Does anyone have one of these thing, and does it work for you? If so, how did you get it to work?

I have failures to feed, extract, stovepipes. I've been messing with it for a couple of weeks with no luck. Put about 300 round though it w/o improvement. I have emailed the company for help but I thought maybe a few of you 3-gunners could lend some insight.

It is accurate enought, but malfunctions about every 3 rounds.

Thanks.

Edited by Lead-Head

I have been having the same problems with mine.

CCI Mini-Mags.

Fiocchi 40 copper wash soild high velocity.

Federal American Eagle.

Remington Golden bullet (works great in my Advantage Arms conversion)

The malfunction looks to be slide velocity realted (lack thereof)

I may clip a coil or two and see what I get.

Patrick

Just got back from the range with mine.... I'm a happy camper! Mine ran great (ran about 300 rounds through it). All CCI Mini-Mag HV were flawless. It ran equally well with Remington Golden Bullets, however it HATED the Federal Bulk pack that my Nordic conversion and 22/45 love.

A few quick notes: It would not feed when I loaded the magazines to 15. However, if I only loaded 12-13, it ran perfectly. I also learned that if I "snap" the spring when loading the mag, it helped the bullets seat better in the magazine and run/function consistently.

I replaced the sights last night to match what are on my 24 and 34, very easy, but the sight channel on the rear is ever so slightly larger than on my Glocks, so I had to use the allen screw in the sight to snug it up...

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase :cheers: .

I have used a couple of bulk pack ammos. Federal being one of them. I have not tried the minimags yet. Those minimags are $6.50/100. Not cheap for .22 cal. I am reloading .40 cal for a little more than twice that. Maybe I should have spent my $340 on reloading components. $400 when you consider I bought 2 extra mags.

I emailed TacSol several days ago. No reponse.

I will try the minimags and Golden Bullets to see what happens. I am not giving up yet.

Thanks to all for the input.

Edited by Lead-Head

I have used a couple of bulk pack ammos. Federal being one of them. I have not tried the minimags yet. Those minimags are $6.50/100. Not cheap for .22 cal. I am reloading .40 cal for a little more than twice that. Maybe I should have spent my $340 on reloading components. $400 when you consider I bought 2 extra mags.

I will try the minimags and Golden Bullets to see what happens. I am not giving up yet.

I'd hold out on a resopnse from them. They have always been very responsive whenever I called or emailed. They may be shut down for the holidays. A lot of firearms companies close between Xmas and New Years for inventory etc. They are also probably prepping for the SHOT Show. They will get back to you I'm sure. At least you got yours, I'm still waiting on my order from SHOT Show this year.

I'd hold out on a resopnse from them. They have always been very responsive whenever I called or emailed. They may be shut down for the holidays. A lot of firearms companies close between Xmas and New Years for inventory etc. They are also probably prepping for the SHOT Show. They will get back to you I'm sure. At least you got yours, I'm still waiting on my order from SHOT Show this year.

You make a good point about it being the holidays.

You ordered one from shot show last year? Was that not 11 months ago?

Edited by Lead-Head

OK. Update.

Federal bulk pack 36 gr HP. $21/550...Do not work.

Federal 40 grain solid. $16/325. Work about 12/15. Better if mag not loaded to capacity as some have suggested.

CCI Mini-mags 40gr RN. $6.97/100 Work every time...at least for the time being.

Edited by Lead-Head

Chuck,

I ordered one at SHOT this year, and I just got it 2 weeks ago.

Seiichi

Just a side note,

I bought Seiichi's AA conversion and between myself and my nephew (lets just say he can make 22 ammo disappear) it has gotten enough use to warrant purchasing a glock lower to dedicate to it.

Yay for me. :cheers:

Yeah they've shipped a bunch of the standard barrels but the threaded ones I want are a bit harder to come by apparently.

Yeah they've shipped a bunch of the standard barrels but the threaded ones I want are a bit harder to come by apparently.

If you gots to have one, and are tired of waiting, might try kygunco.com Mine is threaded, and they had several in stock a few weeks ago. They are a shop in Bardstown KY, but sell online as well. Of coures X-mas might have wiped them out. This may require a phone call to their retail shop. Had a few threaded and a stack of standard.

Edited by Lead-Head

Just a side note,

I bought Seiichi's AA conversion and between myself and my nephew (lets just say he can make 22 ammo disappear) it has gotten enough use to warrant purchasing a glock lower to dedicate to it.

Craig,

I was going to ask you about it at Multigun nationals. Glad you're making good use of it. As you can see, I missed having it shortly after selling, and had to buy another. I learned that I need a bigger safe, instead of selling stuff that doesn't fit.

Seiichi

Just a side note,

Craig,

I was going to ask you about it at Multigun nationals. Glad you're making good use of it. As you can see, I missed having it shortly after selling, and had to buy another. I learned that I need a bigger safe, instead of selling stuff that doesn't fit.

Seiichi

Funny you mention that. Just after I bought yours I was thinking I wanted a Tac Sol. I have one of their AR uppers and love it. Ultimately the delay delivering the Glock uppers has proven to be a blessing in disguise. :cheers:

Take care my friend