Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA BOD Meeting

Chuck Anderson

I was told through a pm to send an email to my AD's personal email to get a reply. I sent my email through the link on the USPSA website, as this pertained to a national situation, not a local one. What use is an email address to your AD on the USPSA website if they never check it?

Maybe, just maybe, your attitude was such your AD didn't feel like replying. I know if I was your AD, if you talked/wrote to me, the way you do on this site, you wouldn't get a response either. I know for a fact your AD is well aware of the concerns regarding the trigger pull voiced on this forum. I've already talked personally with her on this issue. Whatever decision she makes it won't be for lack of member input. As far as the email links on the USPSA site. They work just fine. Most of the AD's (all I think) have them forwarded to whatever regular email address they have. I know mine just forwards to my personal email account anyway. I know you have absolutely no faith in the USPSA BOD but it will have a resolution in a couple days. Or you can continue to post. Your call.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141513&view=findpost&p=1590540

Pot calling the kettle black, don't you think, Chuck?

No, I don't. To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Someone clearly was trolling for a reaction, called a clearly safe action (one which you agreed with as safe a couple posts later) and was told if they are frightened by accepted safety practices in USPSA to find another sport. What does that have to do with you consistently trashing the USPSA BOD? If WTG doesn't want to reply to me because of my attitude I'm fine with that and would certainly understand it. There is nothing in the USPSA Area Director Contract that says we are required to respond to anyone. Particularly if it's an abusive or other uncourteous email. We don't get paid enough, hell we don't get paid anything, to put up with it. If you don't like it, don't vote for that representative the next time around. Personally I think she's doing a great job.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a reply from A2 on 4 Jan. I saw him at a match this weekend and he said that he got more email on this subject than he had received since he started as A2. It will be interesting to see what the on-line BOD meeting brings.

Later,

Chuck

Well! Shot THAT problem in the head! Thanks to all on the BoD and all who voiced their opinions.

I suspect they changed their minds when they saw the jeering mobs at the gates waving torches and pitch forks! That is, they saw the will of their constituents and acted accordingly.

Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition there is no shame in being wrong, only in failing to correct our mistakes.

GS

Well done people... you talked to the people you represent and followed their wishes,,, one can ask for no more, or no less, than that.

JT

Edited by JThompson

9-0

Wow, what a swing in votes!

Never underestimate the power of an informed and vocal constituency and/or this forum.

Absolutely. Although there are times when it may be the responsibility of the board to go against the will of the majority for the long term good of the org, I did not personally feel this was one of those times.

My thanks to the Enosverse, and to those who contacted me individually, for helping the board better serve the membership.

rob

We all appreciate the quick reversal of this problematic rule, however let's not forget that 7 bod menbers were in favor of this rule. Why the quick change of heart?

I can only speak for the vote I cast. I based my original vote on the standard published 2 1/2 years ago, and the vote was consistent with that standard. But, the org exists to serve the members, and it became very apparent that the overwhelming consensus of the membership was against the trigger pull limit. Based on that, I had to think - "Is literal adherence to this standard going to help the organization more than annoying a huge number of members will hurt the organization?" and "Will a trigger pull limit really increase our membership growth?". If I had been able to answer either of those in the affirmative, I would have continued to vote in favor of the limit. Upon reflection, I couldn't.

So, don't expect me to always follow the Enosverse, but any time there is this sort of outcry, it is the obligation of every board member to carefully consider what is being said.

There is a subtle irony having a quote by George Soros inserted into this thread :blink: