Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA BOD Meeting

Chuck Anderson

What would be an acceptable time frame to hear back from an AD? I emailed my AD on 12/27 about this issue and have heard nothing back.

He may be swamped but I would think you should have heard back by now.

Kind of nice that my AD is on here once in awhilelaugh.gif.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be an acceptable time frame to hear back from an AD? I emailed my AD on 12/27 about this issue and have heard nothing back.

He may be swamped but I would think you should have heard back by now.

Kind of nice that my AD is on here once in awhilelaugh.gif.

In case anyone is wondering. I guarantee you each and everyone of the Area Directors, and the President, and even our previous President did read at least portions of this thread. I know all the current BOD is aware of the feelings and sentiments, not just of the people who posted here, but also the people who emailed and contacted their AD's. Keep in mind it was a holiday season when all this went down. Some of the other AD's had other things they needed to do for the holidays besides listen to people tell them they suck. Not me, I'm used to people telling me I suck year round. That said, just relax and give it a month. If it's not fixed by Valentines Day you can start lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks again.

And for any of the folks outside the Area that contacted me, thank you but for the most part I tried to only respond to the folks in my area. Not that I'm ignoring you, I just think it's more appropriate that your own AD is the one who replies to group emails. For the folks that emailed me from in my area. I think I got back to everyone. If not I apologize. I did read all my emails but I may have missed replying to a couple if they came in around Xmas since I had spotty reception on my phone.

I got a reply from Phil inside 2 hours on Christmas Eve. Try again. Sometimes stuff slips through the cracks.

The following is from an article about the World Shoot and is in the most recent issue of Front Sight. This is a quote from Robert Vogel. I don’t know if this was written before or after the vote, and I don’t know if Robert Vogel knew of the rule change or a proposed rule change. I don’t think I needed any more convincing, but this article got me to thinking again about maybe one day having to switch from my beloved XD to a more expensive DA/SA gun to be or remain competitive. I sure hope the board members reconsider and vote again on this rule.

The following is only an excerpt, and not the full interview of Robert Vogel.

While he normally shoots a Glock 34 in USPSA Production, to comply with IPSC Production rules he had to switch to the Glock 17, which is shorter and has a heavier trigger. “I don’t like it because everyone else that shoots a DA/SA pistol gets to shoot pretty much the same pistol in both sports and I can’t. Yes, their first pull is over five pounds, but the other 30 rounds on the course get to be with a two-pound trigger. Because of this rule you see very few striker-fired guns in IPSC Production, especially at the top.

Front Sight, Jan/Feb 2012 page 26

Heartily agreed with Bob, as well. Nonetheless, many take such a parochial view regarding a gun's performance. Besides trigger-pull, there are other pertinent elements such as sight-radius, barrel length, and trigger-pull length.

The following is from an article about the World Shoot and is in the most recent issue of Front Sight. This is a quote from Robert Vogel. I don’t know if this was written before or after the vote, and I don’t know if Robert Vogel knew of the rule change or a proposed rule change. I don’t think I needed any more convincing, but this article got me to thinking again about maybe one day having to switch from my beloved XD to a more expensive DA/SA gun to be or remain competitive. I sure hope the board members reconsider and vote again on this rule.

The following is only an excerpt, and not the full interview of Robert Vogel.

While he normally shoots a Glock 34 in USPSA Production, to comply with IPSC Production rules he had to switch to the Glock 17, which is shorter and has a heavier trigger. “I don’t like it because everyone else that shoots a DA/SA pistol gets to shoot pretty much the same pistol in both sports and I can’t. Yes, their first pull is over five pounds, but the other 30 rounds on the course get to be with a two-pound trigger. Because of this rule you see very few striker-fired guns in IPSC Production, especially at the top.

Front Sight, Jan/Feb 2012 page 26

To be complete, here is the rest of Bob's comment:"...That said, I'm happy I proved that it could be done."

Of course, he is at the top, and at the top of his game. I'm leaning now against the 3#TP rule, but even if implemented, would still shoot my Glocks.

A bit late to the party, I know... just got wind of this, as I was on my annual winter hiatus from shooting...

If you have to make a trigger pull rule, why would it only be for the first shot?

To do so otherwise kills DA/SA guns. Purely stock ones. That goes against everything that Production is supposed to be - especially if the rule is based entirely on being to enforce that ideal.

Example : I have an all-original 1978-dated CZ 75. Its SA pull is just a hair less than 3# by my gage. That is a box-stock pistol that would not meet the requirement if it were applied to all trigger pulls and not just the first (DA) pull.

...to a more expensive DA/SA gun to be or remain competitive.

CZs are still pretty inexpensive. Not cheap like they used to be, but certainly not expensive. A regular 75B will run you less than $500.

People like to look at the SP-01 Shadow, which is around $800 for the off-the-shelf model and $1200 for the Angus-tuned model, but it really doesn't buy you a ton over a regular CZ. The lack of a FPB is the real draw, and that can be had in an 85 Combat for $550.

I do shoot an SP-01 Shadow, but that's because I didn't have an objection to spending the money for the small things I wanted - the upswept beavertail, heavier build to be more like my Limited gun, 75B-SA-style safeties, and no FPB.

A bit late to the party, I know... just got wind of this, as I was on my annual winter hiatus from shooting...

If you have to make a trigger pull rule, why would it only be for the first shot?

To do so otherwise kills DA/SA guns. Purely stock ones. That goes against everything that Production is supposed to be - especially if the rule is based entirely on being to enforce that ideal.

Example : I have an all-original 1978-dated CZ 75. Its SA pull is just a hair less than 3# by my gage. That is a box-stock pistol that would not meet the requirement if it were applied to all trigger pulls and not just the first (DA) pull.

You're right -- and this puts DAO and Striker fired autos at a disadvantage....

So clearly the compromise is:

3 lb. pull for first shot for DA/SA

2 lb. pull for every shot on DAO/Striker fired....

There, we've narrowed the gap again.....

You're right -- and this puts DAO and Striker fired autos at a disadvantage....

So clearly the compromise is:

3 lb. pull for first shot for DA/SA

2 lb. pull for every shot on DAO/Striker fired....

There, we've narrowed the gap again.....

We must now allow a trigger pull gap!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I just watched Dr. Strangelove a few hours ago. roflol.gif

I was told through a pm to send an email to my AD's personal email to get a reply. I sent my email through the link on the USPSA website, as this pertained to a national situation, not a local one. What use is an email address to your AD on the USPSA website if they never check it?

I was told through a pm to send an email to my AD's personal email to get a reply. I sent my email through the link on the USPSA website, as this pertained to a national situation, not a local one. What use is an email address to your AD on the USPSA website if they never check it?

Maybe, just maybe, your attitude was such your AD didn't feel like replying. I know if I was your AD, if you talked/wrote to me, the way you do on this site, you wouldn't get a response either. I know for a fact your AD is well aware of the concerns regarding the trigger pull voiced on this forum. I've already talked personally with her on this issue. Whatever decision she makes it won't be for lack of member input. As far as the email links on the USPSA site. They work just fine. Most of the AD's (all I think) have them forwarded to whatever regular email address they have. I know mine just forwards to my personal email account anyway. I know you have absolutely no faith in the USPSA BOD but it will have a resolution in a couple days. Or you can continue to post. Your call.

Maybe, just maybe, your attitude was such your AD didn't feel like replying. I know if I was your AD, if you talked/wrote to me, the way you do on this site, you wouldn't get a response either. I know for a fact your AD is well aware of the concerns regarding the trigger pull voiced on this forum. I've already talked personally with her on this issue. Whatever decision she makes it won't be for lack of member input. As far as the email links on the USPSA site. They work just fine. Most of the AD's (all I think) have them forwarded to whatever regular email address they have. I know mine just forwards to my personal email account anyway. I know you have absolutely no faith in the USPSA BOD but it will have a resolution in a couple days. Or you can continue to post. Your call.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141513&view=findpost&p=1590540

Pot calling the kettle black, don't you think, Chuck?