Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision bullets

Derrel

I've been using 9mm 125gr. FP Precision bullets for a while now and Monday this week I placed another order with them.

This afternoon I went to get my mail and there they were. Great product, prices and service. That and they're made in America!

BTW Anyone have a good load for these bullets? I'm using 5gr. of Power Pistol at 1.130 and it shoots great but I'm always looking for a new recipe.

Edited by Derrel

4 grains of Universal Clays at 1.105. The XD requires the short COL with the Precision FP. Soft shooting load but I haven't shot it over a chrono. Hodgdon velocity data suggests about 130 PF from a 4 inch barrel.

Edited by sroe3

I placed an order for some 9mm 125 grainers about an hour ago, got a personal reply from David telling me that they will be shipping out tomorrow, woohoo.

They might even get here before my vacation is over.

I'm going to be using solo1000, and it seems that 3.8-3.9 is the commonly recommended starting point.

The last batch I purchased, about 6000 rounds ago, I used Titegroup. The barrel temps get really hot using that stuff!

Excellent bullets.

However, for my hard-earned dollars, I am buying only jacketed bullets from Montana Gold, Zero Bullets, or Precision Delta in .355, .356, and .357". Most cast and all the moly-kote bullets in these sizes are just too close in price NOT to take advantage of a jacketed bullet. All I am buying are JHPs currently. When market forces adjust to either raise jacketed or lower lead prices, I will probably switch back. In the mean time, I have about 10k and don't feel like that is nearly enough.

Whether Precison (moly-kote) or MG, buy in bulk--3k or more per order.