Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap Place to Order Primers and Powder

deerassassin22

For powder I usually find Powder Valley to be cheapest, though as CocoBolo said their stock is sometimes spotty. Every time I've ordered primers I go through Graf's. They have a fairly constant "sale" on cases of 5,000 CCI small pistol primers, and from time to time they run a special where they'll waive the hazmat fee if you order 10,000 primers. They have a similar deal going on powder right now but you have to order 32 pounds of powder before they'll waive the hazmat. Everyone is different but for me, 32 pounds is a LOT of powder to order at one time.

I can usually find the best price on primers at certain gun shows. As for powder, get in with the shotgunners at your local club. Sometimes they put together orders of powder, primers and lead shot at the same time they get clay pigeons. Most of the powders we use are also shotgun powders.

Even if you have to back-order through powder valley, you're usually not going to be waiting that long (during a non-election year that is). I also order from Graf's often. Just shop around. For Example, Natchez had the best deal on Solo 1000 for a while when it was on sale. Last time I looked though, I think Powder Valley had them beat.

They all have sales off and on. Usually the insanely popular stuff like N320 is never going to on sale though <_< .

MG and PV here. Last time I ordered from PV I asked if they would work with me to max out the haz mat shipment to it's max weight with powder and primers and they were great and very patient with me on the phone.

Because the bullets are so heavy, they usually ship cheapest USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate.

Since they ship separate, and the powder / primers need hazmat, getting them from 2 different sources will not cost you more.

Powder Valley, Graf & Sons and Wideners are where I look for primers & powder.

Montana Gold for bullets

Alan,

I use Montana Gold bullets, mostly because I order them, and then are here 5 days later. I used to use Zeros, but it got hit or miss on availability.

I get powder and primers from Powder Valley.

Several of us at the club occasionally go together on orders to split hazmat fees.

Talk to me when you get back.

Mark K

Alan,

I use Montana Gold bullets, mostly because I order them, and then are here 5 days later. I used to use Zeros, but it got hit or miss on availability.

Several of us at the club occasionally go together on orders to split hazmat fees.

Mark K

Will do can't wait to get back its 7degrees up here with 20mph winds.

Alan,

Mark K

Will do can't wait to get back its 7degrees up here with 20mph winds.

75 degrees here today.