Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new junior shooter from the Classifieds

Robert King

Oh, did I mention it was in the low 20's when we started the match. Just loading mags hurt, it was so cold.

Thanks for that. I had not noticed that before, but now that I look at the video again, I see it. Yeah, we have a bunch of stuff to work on, but he is off to a good start. Lots of fun working with someone that is just really having a fun and not all hung up on equipment, gear or scores.

Oh, did I mention it was in the low 20's when we started the match. Just loading mags hurt, it was so cold.

Lots of fun working with someone that is just really having a fun and not all hung up on equipment, gear or scores.

Yes indeed! And the only way that's going to happen is with a very new shooter. We all get sucked into the equipment race sooner or later. I know I did!

You have done well with him and I hope he sticks with it!cheers.gif

That is great Robert! :cheers:

I would like to see him holster the gun with a bit more care, he slams that Glock into the holster in a hurry and as we all know if his shirt ever got in the way... the result could be an AD into his leg. I tell my sons and everyone that I see using safe action pistols that they should not be in a hurry when holstering the gun. Other than that, keep up the good work!

That is great Robert! :cheers:

I would like to see him holster the gun with a bit more care, he slams that Glock into the holster in a hurry and as we all know if his shirt ever got in the way... the result could be an AD into his leg. I tell my sons and everyone that I see using safe action pistols that they should not be in a hurry when holstering the gun. Other than that, keep up the good work!

Yeah, that is one of the issues we need to work on. Slow down and be more methodical in all his actions.

As promised, here is some video of the new junior shooter I am mentoring. Thanks for all the support and enjoy. This is his first match and after only 3 practice sessions shooting a handgun. He finished 19 out of 24, not bad for a first showing.

That is great to see! I am sure it only took a range session for him to get bitten by the bug.

All that Robert is doing for this kid is great. The kid's parents showed up for the last stage after church and I got to meet them as well all in all a great family. The young man was very respectfull and did not give me a bunch of yeahs and I knows so it is very refreshing to see. I think this should be something everyone should try to do to help the sport along.

All that Robert is doing for this kid is great. The kid's parents showed up for the last stage after church and I got to meet them as well all in all a great family. The young man was very respectfull and did not give me a bunch of yeahs and I knows so it is very refreshing to see. I think this should be something everyone should try to do to help the sport along.

Thanks Scott. They really are a great Christian family and Tyler is a very respectful young man, that I have the pleasure to call a friend. I figure, if I want to be able to shoot in 20 years, we need young men like this in the sport to haul around all the steel and pickup the brass. Heaven knows, my broken down body will not be able to handle it. Tyler had a great time and is working on the issues he had. I expect he will have them well resolved by the next match, so we can find new issues to work on.

Guys don't get to critical cause it was about 16 degrees out so the cold may have been a factor. But please post or PM Robert things to work on. I would prefer a post as I am also mentoring a couple of young shooters as well and need help as well.