Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The worst BBQ in Texas

jswitt99

I don't get the salt lick, cool place but I wasn't impressed with the food. Not a hater. They obviously impress the crowds on the weekends...

The old one, near dripping springs, or one of the ones in town?

The one out near dripping springs was awesome

If you happen to find yourself in Fort Worth around 11-11:30am on a Friday, do yourself and favor and stop by the Smokepit BBQ joint for a $10.00 porkchop that is as good or better than those at Cooper's or Hard 8. Not to mention the waitresses wear much less than normal on Fridays......

The Smoke Pit BBQ With A View

www.thesmokepitcatering.com

Edited by SV-COP

If you happen to find yourself in Fort Worth around 11-11:30am on a Friday, do yourself and favor and stop by the Smokepit BBQ joint for a $10.00 porkchop that is as good or better than those at Cooper's or Hard 8. Not to mention the waitresses wear much less than normal on Fridays......

:surprise:

Awesome buns!

You win :P

You're in Austin. Go down to the Salt Lick. Or the original Cooper's in Llano. And for you foreigners, pig is tasty and all but he did say BBQ. And if I ever see one of you people put brown gravy on a chicken fried steak again, there will be trouble.

Spent my 21st birthday at the Salt Lick. :D

:surprise: suddenly I have a huge craving for BBQ

:surprise: suddenly I have a huge craving for BBQ

Wow. That sounds like a great lunch plan!!!

Little too far from work for a regular lunch, but maybe when a vendor stops in...

Texans just know how to "Que". And they use real jalepenos, not those tasteless things the restaurants everywhere else give you. And this coming from a Sooner. :cheers:

P.S. Got a big 'ole brisket in the cookshack right now. Apple, hickory and a bit of mesquite.

Edited by Shadowrider