Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Query Regarding Ruger Security Six Speedloaders

JonInWA

On Safariland's site, the Comp III speedloader is not available for the Security Six. Will any of the other Comp IIIs for other revolvers work reliably with a Security Six, or, alternatively, what similar speedloader alternatives are there for the Security Six (and to head off the obvious, I already have Comp II and HKS speedloaders)?

I recently shot my Security Six in our local IDPA match, and did reasonably well, but think my times could be improved significantly with a speedier, more positive speedloader (I primarily used HKS speedloaders throughout the match).

Best, Jon

On Safariland's site, the Comp III speedloader is not available for the Security Six. Will any of the other Comp IIIs for other revolvers work reliably with a Security Six, or, alternatively, what similar speedloader alternatives are there for the Security Six (and to head off the obvious, I already have Comp II and HKS speedloaders)?

I recently shot my Security Six in our local IDPA match, and did reasonably well, but think my times could be improved significantly with a speedier, more positive speedloader (I primarily used HKS speedloaders throughout the match).

Best, Jon

Realisticaly, No. J Flowers mentioned the Variant loader which would be the closest. From what I have gathereed (It may be flawed but got the info from a regular Ruger Shooter), the GP 100 will fit the L frame speed loaders but the Security Six in in between the K and L frame for dimensions. I don't have a Security Six to check to be absolutely sure. Good Luck rdd

Check the SL Variant http://www.bobmacs.com/variantcatalog.htm. I the the L-241 is what you are looking for.

Thanks, JFlowers-that seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Interestingly, they offer an optional extended handle, making it the user's choice of it having a HKS/Safariland Comp II profile, or a Safariland Comp III profile.

Great assist!

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA

Cheating comment - The threads on the SL Variants fit 3/4 (I think) PVC female threaded connectors.

I bought a couple, painted them black, and screwed them on. Gives me enough handle. But, I only shoot my speedloader rig at the occasional ICORE match, using my moonclipped rig the rest of the time for USPSA. You might want the handles if you are going to shoot a speedloader rig regularly. Not sure what IDPA rules say about them.