Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Vs DAA Race Master Holsters

mioduz

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the best place to buy a Race Master? Some places show out of stock. I guess I'm not the only one reading this forum wanting one :cheers:

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Double-Alpha-Race-Master-Holster-Right-Hand--P1645.aspx

They had boxes full of them a few weeks ago. You can't beat Shooter's Connection. cheers.gif

I received both holsters and reviewed them. And as every one already said the daa is leaps and bounds above the ghost. I can now switch from limited to open in a matter of. Seconds

Nice!cheers.gif

I've shot both - the Ghost was super quick, but very insecure when unlocked, and I could never seem to manipulate the lock quickly (I always managed to bind the lock lever up by pushing it in toward the holster body while I tried to pull it up). So, I went to the CR Speed from the Ghost. Had issues with that holster, too (like, it could cause an AD with my gun under the right conditions! surprise.gif). Went to the DAA Race Master, and really like it a lot. It's very fast - as fast as the Ghost - and far more secure. Haven't run across a situation yet where I actually needed to start with the holster locked.

• 2 years later...

I have used a cr speed it was ok. The DAA Racemaster with alum mag pouches is what I use now it's the best you can get. And yes I use it for three-gun with no problems.

Why do you keep pushing that holster as the best? Unless you have tried every single holster out there you cannot possibly say anything of that sort.

I bit the bullet and got myself a Race Master for Xmas.

Man this thing is nice. Extremely secure. I might even run it for 3 gun (GASP).

Ok, two years later, I gotta update my opinion.

I used the DAA for quite a bit, but ran into issues with it snagging at the wrong time. I tried all sorts of positions. Maybe it was just mine? I took the time to position it in a way that was most ergonomically efficient for myself.

I ended up trying a Safariland 014. I LOOOOOVE this thing. It never snags no matter what. And it feels extremely solid with the muzzle end cup device.

Keep the 014 in your list of possible choices. I still love my DAA pouches, but my nod goes to the 014 holster.

I bit the bullet and got myself a Race Master for Xmas.

Man this thing is nice. Extremely secure. I might even run it for 3 gun (GASP).

Ok, two years later, I gotta update my opinion.

I used the DAA for quite a bit, but ran into issues with it snagging at the wrong time. I tried all sorts of positions. Maybe it was just mine? I took the time to position it in a way that was most ergonomically efficient for myself.

I ended up trying a Safariland 014. I LOOOOOVE this thing. It never snags no matter what. And it feels extremely solid with the muzzle end cup device.

Keep the 014 in your list of possible choices. I still love my DAA pouches, but my nod goes to the 014 holster.

That's my exact experience. I had one or two snags with the race master - that is one or two too many. I lost confidence in it.

I transitioned to the Manny Bragg which was fantastic, apart from the slight side-to-side wiggle. It didn't help with consistency in a steel challenge match.

I am now using the safariland 014 and loving it. Still using race master pouches.

I have used a cr speed it was ok. The DAA Racemaster with alum mag pouches is what I use now it's the best you can get. And yes I use it for three-gun with no problems.

Why do you keep pushing that holster as the best? Unless you have tried every single holster out there you cannot possibly say anything of that sort.

You sir are right, I have not tried every holster out there. I did say it's the best you can get...I should have said it's the best holster I have ever used and therefore the best I can get. Until this holster fails me I'm finished with my search for the perfect holster.

I started with a Ghost holster and then tried the DAA Racemaster for a few months a couple years ago. It certainly has less wiggle than the Ghost, but for me wasn't nearly as durable. I broke the plastic insert during a walk through/low port when my pistol got in a bind with my thigh. I had to use my Ghost for the rest of the match. DAA repaired the holster for free, but it never was the same and my pistol dropped out of the holster two more times before I went back to Ghost permanently.