Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Over travel and pre travel ideas needed

matgyver

I'm on the list waiting for a Burwell trigger job....on the fence about over travel and pre travel work.

Can anyone explain the modifications done?

What would it take to return to stock? (got an apex kit so return to stock would be easy)

Anyone have pictures?

not sure why you would undo it, pretravel is done on the trigger bar. the overtravel is on the metal piece the sear is housed in again stopping the trigger bar rearward movement. i guess you would have to replace that housing.

just let dan do it. he has done 5 (?) i think for us.

He's going to do the work, but I want to be able to return to factory if warranty work is needed

Buy a spare trigger bar and sear block assembly. Install them if you ever send it back to S&W.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/883689/smith-and-wesson-sear-housing-block-assembly-standard-s-and-w-m-and-p-m-and-p-compact-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/689291/smith-and-wesson-trigger-bar-assembly-s-and-w-m-and-p-m-and-p-compact-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w

Thank you who provided the pics and part numbers. I also want to be able to return to stock if I need to ever sell the gun. (most places in my area don't value gunsmith work...sometimes it kills value)

These guns are inexpensive and so are the replacement parts. If it breaks, simply fix it on your own dime. Seriously, we are talking about $500 guns here, not $5,000 guns. Shoot it until its used up then buy another.

Where can one find a $500 M&P Pro 9?

Inexpensive is a relative term. (depends on one's financial situation). If the frame, barrel, or slide fails the gun will be shipped to the manufacturer. (And before you mention it, no I don't reload)

If you find this one for $500.00 buy it before you post it here! Or it will be gone!!! :D

I have seen this price for wholesale, not retail.

Ron

Edited by sparks1

Thank you who provided the pics and part numbers. I also want to be able to return to stock if I need to ever sell the gun. (most places in my area don't value gunsmith work...sometimes it kills value)

These guns are inexpensive and so are the replacement parts. If it breaks, simply fix it on your own dime. Seriously, we are talking about $500 guns here, not $5,000 guns. Shoot it until its used up then buy another.

Inexpensive is a relative term. (depends on one's financial situation). If the frame, barrel, or slide fails the gun will be shipped to the manufacturer. (And before you mention it, no I don't reload)

Sorry..... $600 gun. Same facts still apply.