Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 650

I have the same issue, but for me it's more like 1 per 2-300 now.

I assume that it's because the case feeder is shaking during the downstroke.

I've read that some people have better luck only loading small amounts of brass (200 rds) into the case feeder at one time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may be right about the shaking. I am thinking of running a support rod of some kind back to the wall behind the loader. My bench is rock solid but the case feeder is just so tall it amplifies any movement.

I also thought maybe limiting the amount of brass would help but literally one of the last 10 pieces of brass was upside down tonight.

Too much coffee for you both !

Your thread's been an interesting read, containing good tips.

My new one's case feeder also feeds an upside down case on ocacsion. Perhaps its just one of those things eh.

I'm interested to see if adding a brace helps. I hate to put more holes in the wall. That'll cost me jewlery LOL

I have the same issue, but for me it's more like 1 per 2-300 now.

I assume that it's because the case feeder is shaking during the downstroke.

I've read that some people have better luck only loading small amounts of brass (200 rds) into the case feeder at one time.

that's what I do and I never had an upside down case and I load 9mm and .40.

I put between 200 and 300 in the hopper.

I think you may be right about the shaking. I am thinking of running a support rod of some kind back to the wall behind the loader. My bench is rock solid but the case feeder is just so tall it amplifies any movement.

I also thought maybe limiting the amount of brass would help but literally one of the last 10 pieces of brass was upside down tonight.

I've seen a solution posted here where the case feeder is mounted to the wall behind the bench via a sort of L bracket, removing the need for the case feeder support tube entirely.

Since it is not attached to the bench, it completely eliminates movement of the case feeder during press operation.

I would try it, but my bench is too deep, and there's additional shelving in the way.

One thing has me perplexed. I am getting about 2-3 out of 100 cases upside down coming out of the feeder. It sure puts a cramp in the reloading process. Any fixes in mind? I'm loading 9mm if it matters.

Watch the cases in the Casefeeder just as they start to go down into the tube, until you see one that goes in upside down. Then from what you saw, you might be able to come up with a fix/rig something.

Also, depending on how strong your setup is mounted, I've seen/heard numerous reports of problems like that being fixed by mounting/bolting the Casefeeder to the wall.

be

• 5 weeks later...

One thing has me perplexed. I am getting about 2-3 out of 100 cases upside down coming out of the feeder. It sure puts a cramp in the reloading process. Any fixes in mind? I'm loading 9mm if it matters.

Mounted the casefeeder directly to the wall behind the press. No more upside down cases!cheers.gif

There is just soo much leverage in the handle that it moves the press enough that it must have been causing the problems.