Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.223 Dillion die "dead"

Well in my venture to load .223 for my are on a 650xl. I got a case stuck right off the back. The cases were lubed, but may be not enough. To lake a long story short. The case was extracted with damage only to the decap and expanding ball. Does anyone know if I can get replacement parts for the inner parts of the die? The exterior shell of the die is not damaged.

I have some decap pins. Thanks

Well in my venture to load .223 for my are on a 650xl. I got a case stuck right off the back. The cases were lubed, but may be not enough. To lake a long story short. The case was extracted with damage only to the decap and expanding ball. Does anyone know if I can get replacement parts for the inner parts of the die? The exterior shell of the die is not damaged.

I have some decap pins. Thanks

The decap pin is $5 or so the carbine expansion ball is $16. I think these are considered expendible parts as I broke both in my 223 die once long ago. I bought a case extraction kit (threaded bolt, big washers, tap and drill bit) and have not damaged the carbide ball or pin since.