Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull

Foxbat

This gun has been running with sub-pound trigger ever since I got it used some time ago, and it has been getting lower. I have seen numbers 14.1 oz on it.

The funny part is, it doesn't double, is very reliable, and I have never squeezed a premature shot with it. But I think it is time to replace the spring...

post-21305-0-62265700-1324224356_thumb.j

Hello: Take that sear spring out and replace with another one. Adjust the new one to whatever pull you want and check again. I think the original spring is starting to fatigue and will fail soon, going full auto maybe. It is better to be safe than full auto with a big stick :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I like my triggers at around 2lbs,had one that was a 1LB once and had to AD's with it went back to 2lb's and never had another problem at 13 oz it would be very easy to touch the trigger and go blammy before your ready

at 13 oz it would be very easy to touch the trigger and go blammy before your ready

Just the matter of practice. All my triggers are basically in that range, between 1 and 1.5lb, and I have not have single AD yet.

Hello: Take that sear spring out and replace with another one. Adjust the new one to whatever pull you want and check again. I think the original spring is starting to fatigue and will fail soon, going full auto maybe. It is better to be safe than full auto with a big stick :surprise: Thanks, Eric

+1

I noticed similar symptoms with one of my guns. I had one solid-for-many-years trigger at 1.75# suddenly go to 1.5#. Shortly after that, the disco finger started to slip off and I had failures to reset and fire. Took out the sear spring, wiggled the disco finger lightly and it snapped off. The sear finger was fine.

Replaced the sear spring and all is back to normal.

Big +1

It sounds like it is already broke, fix it up.