Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are SSP shooters afraid of making modifications?

GlockCanMan

I got bumped to SSP MA by placing 1st EX at the 2010 Nationals. Next sanctioned match I shot, I got bumped to ESP MA. Shooting different guns, but they are Glocks & the only differences are caliber & a magwell.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it goes like this:

Attain SSP MA. Celebrate! :cheers:

Shoot ESP EX and kick everyones ass until there are four other SSP MA's doing the same thing. :angry:

Shoote ESP EX at a major and get a bump. Celebrate! :cheers:

Shoot CDP SS...er...okay EX and kick everyones ass until there are four other SSP/ESP MA's doing the same thing. :angry: :angry:

Shoot CPD EX at a major and get a bump. Celebrate!

Shoot SSR...LOL!...Oh now that's funny! Just kidding. Who does that? Revolver??? :roflol:

Buy Limited gun and start shooting USPSA.

Of course. Isn't this what everyone does?

I like the fact that I can shoot the same gun in 2 divisions. Around here there are several SSP Experts waiting for the right major to get bumped so I sometimes shoot EXP.

Instead of "waiting for the right Major to get bumped" why don't they just shoot the classifier in Master time? Is getting bumped or getting a semi - sandbagging win as expert their goal? Just curious.

I like the fact that I can shoot the same gun in 2 divisions. Around here there are several SSP Experts waiting for the right major to get bumped so I sometimes shoot EXP.

Instead of "waiting for the right Major to get bumped" why don't they just shoot the classifier in Master time? Is getting bumped or getting a semi - sandbagging win as expert their goal? Just curious.

Because they don't get a trophy and bragging rights that way.

Look at the scores at any major match and you will often find that the top 2 or 3 expert shooters would place 3rd or 4th in Master, sometimes higher. I earned my expert classification the old fashion way, by shooting the classifier but that isn't a very popular way to do it.

Like the post up higher stated, once you have master in SSP you can shoot ESP Expert until you win a major match to get a trophy and a bump there also.

Edited by gpappy