Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Sear spring do you prefer.

mshotwell

Hello: My current favourite one is the Dawson. I have used Ed Brown, Nowlin, EGW and STI. They all work well but some need more tweaking than others. I am sure others will let you know what they like best. The sear and hammer have alot to do with trigger pull also. Start with good parts that will hold up and learn how they interact with each other. Thanks, Eric

+1 on what Eric said, you need to use good components, SV tri-glide system is great the titanium sear spring is excellent. EGW components for hammer and sear, or sti S7 sears are excellent quality, I have used the cylinder and slide sear springs with good long lasting results.

Colt. Or rather, who knows who makes it, it's the one with the thinned left and center legs that lots of vendors sell.

I've had two SV titanium sear springs and they were both crap. On one of them the lower tab was curved, rather than angled 90 degrees, so it didn't even fit in the frame. Tried to bend it and it snapped. On the second one the little tab on the left leg had the same problem, curved not angled, and again it broke when I tried to bend it. I frankly don't know how they have the gall to sell the damn things.

I put an SV titanium in the gun 10 years ago and I hate to even say it, but its still going strong, set at about 1.75lb let off.

I had a spare steel leaf spring handy so got my gunsmith to do me a spare trigger group just in case, he couldn't replicate the feel of the titanium, but thankfully I haven't needed to change any parts out yet.

P.D.

Colt. Or rather, who knows who makes it, it's the one with the thinned left and center legs that lots of vendors sell.

I've had two SV titanium sear springs and they were both crap. On one of them the lower tab was curved, rather than angled 90 degrees, so it didn't even fit in the frame. Tried to bend it and it snapped. On the second one the little tab on the left leg had the same problem, curved not angled, and again it broke when I tried to bend it. I frankly don't know how they have the gall to sell the damn things.

Never had an issue with the Ti SV spring, have not touched it in 5K rounds or more. Ti does not bend well it is brittle but will hold it shape, also it is designed wider for the 2011 so it does not move around in the backstrap slot.

Edited by fastarget

• 2 months later...