Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

match master 38 super

MR TWISTER

I just received my new match master from Dawson and can't say enough about how nice a job they did. Great fit and finish and after two hundred round not a single problem. This was with about 80 minor loads and 120 major loads. The minor was 5.84 g ww 231 115 g jhp 1.25 oal @ 1150 fps . The majors were 8.2 g n350 115 gjhp 1.25 oal @ 1450 fps, second major was 8.6 g silhouette 115 gjhp 1.25 oal @ 1440 fps. Neither of these loads showed any real preasure signs except a small amount of primer flow around the pin. I'eve gone to ww small rifle primers and don't expect to see any signs at all. Now all I have to do is get a nice day on match day so it won't be canceled. May have to make a road trip if we don't get one soon.

Mr Twister.

Thanks

I didn't feel much diference between the 350 and the silhouette, but I was concentraiting on gathering load data. I'll post again after I get a chance to compair them side by side. I went with the 115 grain because I thought it would be easyer to make major with it because of the shorter barrel. Also thought the 115 would be better for minor steel loads. The minor load is much softer than any centerfire I've ever shot. Almost like a rimfire but not quite.

Mery christmas to all including me