Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM 625 front sight i need help

joedodge

Hello all I have done the search and came to the conclusion most are using the .300 height sights on there jm 625 so I ordered a protocall design .300 tall front sight and it seems taller than my current front sight. Could my gun have come with a .250 and if so how far off will I be if I use the .300 sight. Ive got a pretty good grip and im using 230 gr 170 pf loads. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hello all I have done the search and came to the conclusion most are using the .300 height sights on there jm 625 so I ordered a protocall design .300 tall front sight and it seems taller than my current front sight. Could my gun have come with a .250 and if so how far off will I be if I use the .300 sight. Ive got a pretty good grip and im using 230 gr 170 pf loads. Thanks for the help everyone.

I believe stock front sight is .268 IIRC you should have pleanty of adjustment in rear sight to compensate. I put .300 tall on my 625 works fine. Mine is a 5" gun but I don't think that will make much difference from your 4".

Taller front sight will require rear sight to go up to keep point of impact the same as before. Rear sight should be raised same amount as front sight is higher. Raise rear sight by turning screw counter clockwise. IIRC.

Thankyou everyone and warren I may take you up on that offer its my mistake for ordering wrong may just see if there is enough adjustment to make up the difference does anyone know how much each click changes the elevation of hand

I can send you a .160 tall rear blade if that will help.

Warren where can you buy this blade? I have one on My 627 annd like the deeper notch If I can get sight to go down enough I would like to put one on the 625. Stock is .110 isn't it?

Thanks

You can order them from S&W or Brownell's. I have some that are take-offs from changing them out to my fiber optic rear. I don't know how many are .160 though. There are 5 sizes and most of them are one of the shorter sizes. The .160 is the tallest one with the deepest notch.

I don't know what stock is, they've had so many variations it's impossible to keep track.

Edited by Toolguy