Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Zane, hit by a bus

The Antichrome

My buddy, team mate, and USSA instructor, John Zane was hit by a bus. Originally I thought John vs. bus would be a fair fight, but John is hurt quite badly. I'm forwarding a message from Mike Seeklander:

Hey everyone- We just returned from a trip to visit John, and I am glad to say he is in high spirits, while yet in tremendous pain. John has multiple fractures in both legs, and a shattered pelvis. He has been through 2 surgery's and will endure several more over the coming weeks. Here is some additional information:

John is in St. Francis hospital off Yale. He welcomes all visitors, but please text or call before visiting. John is currently without insurance. While I am sure the person responsible (he was hit by a Broken Arrow school bus) will end up helping with his expenses, in the interim John will be without work for a long time. I am personally asking each of you to consider giving cash or whatever you can to help him through this tough time.

There is a webpage http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

built for John on USSA's site that has donation options. You can find a link on it to donate through paypal.

Checks or cash can be given to me (Mike Seeklander) at USSA.

Donation's may also be given at the USSA Pro-Shop via cash, check, or credit card.

Please help spread word about John and the opportunity to donate on your facebook pages (just send them to USSA's site) and with your friends and family.

John is a tough guy and will surely recover strongly, but at this time we need to pool our resources and help him through. He is the kind of guy that would be there and go above and beyond for each of us if needed, so lets do the same for him!

Pray for a strong recovery!

Until Then, Train Hard!

Mike Seeklander

Director of Training

U.S. Shooting Academy

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/content.aspx?id=174

Edited by The Antichrome

Robert. Your links don't work bud.

Guys John is a great guy. If you have a few extra dollars please send them his way. A dollar from every member on this board would be over 32,000 for John's expenses. Who's ready to step up and help a fellow member of the shooting community?

John is one of the most down to earth and hard working guys I've ever known. As others have said, he'd give you the shirt off his back if you neede it. I'm also hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Interesting side note about John. When I first met him he was recovering from and injury to his right arm and had spent a season shooting left handed. lol. I don't they they come tougher than this guy.

Edited by Rustyzx9

• 4 weeks later...

The donations for John Zane have a new paypal link.

For every 10 dollars you donate, we will throw your name in the hat for a drawing. The prize is a S&W 15-22

Thank you all for your generosity and your prayers for John.

John Zane Donation

Edited by Keelty