Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger reset

rupture

1/4 inch ? When I do fast splits I'm not letting it reset before breaking second shot (or trying anyway)

Trust me if it doesn't reset then you aren't breaking another shot, known as trigger freeze.

Well to me trigger freeze is the shooter's fault, I may be wrong. But if the trigger reset was were it should be I would not get trigger freeze. At least I know I'm not slapping the trigger.So back to the question, how or what determines how short the reset is?

how long your overtravel is, might have something to do with it

I just need to know if its something I can do or not. If its turning a screw I'm good. I'm not taking down the bottom end cause everything I screw with turns to sh_t !

if you look up "adjusting overtravel 1911" youll find some info. You can do it yourself, but there are issues you have to be aware of. it involves your triggers overtravel screw.

So, if your over travel is excessively long, then the reset is long. The reset is essentially in the same place, but since the trigger doesnt go as far back, its net result is its shorter.

There are other ways to adjust the spot of the reset , but Its nothing i want to get into here.