Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

video games

hal1955

Battlefield 3, Modern warfare 3, Left for dead 2, Gears of war 3, all of these are great shooters.

Edit: Forgot to mention they are all for xbox 360

I hate to sound skeptical but I have a hard time believing that any of these games will improve your Action Pistol skills. Then again, I may be wrong... :ph34r:

Battlefield 3, Modern warfare 3, Left for dead 2, Gears of war 3, all of these are great shooters.

Edit: Forgot to mention they are all for xbox 360

I hate to sound skeptical but I have a hard time believing that any of these games will improve your Action Pistol skills. Then again, I may be wrong... :ph34r:

It might help with transitions..........

• 3 weeks later...

Reload Target Down for the WII (and also the PC) is a great shooting simulator. Lots of fun, helps your hand-eye coordnation and is the closest thing to a actual match for the WII. Can be had for $15.00 -$20.00.

http://www.gamespot.com/reload-target-down

Thanks for the tip. Looks like a good game. I will have to pick it up.

The Namco brand "Time Crisis" and "Point Blank" games, with a fairly realistic light gun, are real good.

The accuracy is within a pixel or two and the targets respond life like.

Unfortunately, they are no longer being made and were for the Playstations 1 and 2.

But they are worth hunting for.

Anything that helps hand eye coordination is good in my book, especialy coordination to your trigger finger like most first person shooter games do. Add to that the fact that you're developing visual patience and calling your shot(s) while playing. All the while your mind is processing tons of information very quickly... It can't hurt, and yes... I DO think it helps!

-Ryan

ETA - You can't go wrong with Call of Duty MW3, or most of the older versions back to Call of Duty 4

Edited by SNSCaster2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm currently out of the states, so I don't have any pistols with me.

Next best option is my roommate who has a xbox 360 and just bought Cabela's big game hunter.

I also bought a Leupold deltapoint off a member here to make a open glock when I get back, so I mounted it on the light gun for the xbox.

Arcade mode has a bunch of moving shoot and no shoot targets. It's the only thing I have to practice indexing and finding the dot so it's better than nothing.

GMkYjl.jpg

ReGGpl.jpg

Edited by tt350z

• 1 month later...

The Namco brand "Time Crisis" and "Point Blank" games, with a fairly realistic light gun, are real good.

The accuracy is within a pixel or two and the targets respond life like.

Unfortunately, they are no longer being made and were for the Playstations 1 and 2.

But they are worth hunting for.

this.

though if you could find the arcade system, the pistol will actually cycle :)

lol that would be interesting. It probably wouldn't sell more than a thousand copies, but think of an IPSC game with all your usual video game attributes.

"Train" to increase accuracy, stamina, etc.

"upgrade" as you win matches.

Start with a hi-point 9mm in production LOL. Win matches to earn money, buy new guns, add trigger kits, springs, sights etc.

Eventually get up to open where you can buy comps, dots, etc.. lol