Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baseplate Prototype Photo

Dawson Marketing

Junk will get into just about anything but it looks like it is not too fine of a checkering that it could be easily wiped out. The finer the cuts/checkering the harder it is to get junk out of it in my experience.

Neal in AZ

We're thinking of offering this pattern on the bottom of our EZ-Off Baseplates.

The usual engineering questions rise to the top of my mind. The first being what advantage does it bring? What is the problem that this will solve?

I have seen people put grip tape on the sides of the mag to make them easier to strip out if they stick, but I'm not sure that a knurled base will add that much to the design.

It looks cool and all but, pull that out of your mag pouch and slam it into the gun several times typically per stage and I bet your palm will start to look like hamburger.

Arredondo Glock basepads are available as smooth or checkered, although not as aggressively so. But I'm just not sure what the checkering adds - hence my question.

I no longer shoot a Glock but I would make up a handful of them and send them to some forum members in different parts of the country and let them use them for 3 months or so in all conditions and see how they fare.

I've got both Arredondo and Dawson pads on my Glock mags. I like the rough texture on the arredondos as it gives some grip on the palm when inserting a mag. I like the Dawsons for the weight added it helps drop mags faster. I think a medium knurl a little finer than what's pictured would be nice.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

We're thinking of offering this pattern on the bottom of our EZ-Off Baseplates.

The usual engineering questions rise to the top of my mind. The first being what advantage does it bring? What is the problem that this will solve?

I have seen people put grip tape on the sides of the mag to make them easier to strip out if they stick, but I'm not sure that a knurled base will add that much to the design.

I run griptape on the bottom of my baseplates. I prefer the checkered Arredondo basepads to the smooth -- simply because I've had my hand slip off, before the mag was fully seated....

A checkered option would be nice on Dawson bases as well....

Some texture can be useful, but that looks like it was modeled after a meat tenderizer and my palm is tender enough. Call it a tactical strike plate and I'm sure you could sell a ton to the tactical crowd. I'll stick to your smooth offerings w/some grip tape.