Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting for a job?

Daniel Rice

You want a job that will always be needed and you can earn great money as well as set your own hours??? Become a plumber!! Or an electrician! Or an appliance repairman.

Back to the plumber for a minute...I have a good friend who lives in Indiana and owns his plumbing business. He easily clears over $100K a year...even in a crappy economy like this.

If he gets a call at 2 in the morning and he doesn't want the job, he quotes an outrageous price just to go out to the caller's home. If the person doesn't want to pay, he hangs up the phone and goes back to bed. If the person agrees to the price, my friend gets a big payday.

Own your own business, set your own hours, shoot when you're not working. But you better be a reputable businessman or you won't have many customers to feed your need for shooting time, accessories and equipment.

Edited by remoandiris

There is a lot of good advice here. I would like to chime in on the military. I joined the Marine Corps infantry in 1999 because I enjoyed shooting (and thought I was a tough guy). You will have no time to shoot in a manner that would prepare you to be competitive. Another more serious note, I was back from Iraq over 2 years before I could stand to shoot a firearm or be around them. Also, this is a very expensive sport. If you do not prepare yourself for a successful life you will not have the time or money to fully take part in it.