Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger bar mod

BOOST

Has anyone here tried drilling a hole (higher location) for changing the trigger spring angle?

If so , any doubles ? Reliability ? other mods required for this change?

I forgot where i saw this mod. Supposed to reduce trigger pull weight .

Edited by BOOST

The Vanek trigger bar is drilled as you describe and it does reduce the trigger pull slightly.

I have several Glocks with Vanek triggers and I have never had any issues with any of them.

The trigger bar is not very easy to drill in the location you need it.

All of my Glocks (5) have the trigger bar drilled. Its done in a mill with a special drill bit. Takes some time to get it set up right.. I wouldn't try it any other way, too easy to ruin a trigger bar that cannot be replaced. Glock no longer sells the old style trigger bar. They trigger bar available for a Gen3 glock is different now. Looks very similar to the Gen4.

I wouldn't try it any other way, too easy to ruin a trigger bar that cannot be replaced. Glock no longer sells the old style trigger bar.

Is the older style prefered ? Shed some light here .... I must be missing something. Do you mean Gen2 trigger bars ? Are the Gen3's bars swapped out for the Gen2's ? Or newer version Gen3 trigger bars?

The Gen 3 bars have been changed sometime within the last year to a hybrid of the GEN 3/GEN 4. It is not a pure GEN 4 bar, as they will not work correctly in a GEN 3 gun. You cannot drill the the hybrid bar or a GEN 4 bar for that matter due to its design. I believe the GEN 1,2,3 bars were all the same until they replaced them with the hybrid version. Yes, the old style are preferred, good luck finding them !!

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the hybrid bar...

The Gen 3 bars have been changed sometime within the last year to a hybrid of the GEN 3/GEN 4. It is not a pure GEN 4 bar, as they will not work correctly in a GEN 3 gun. You cannot drill the the hybrid bar or a GEN 4 bar for that matter due to its design. I believe the GEN 1,2,3 bars were all the same until they replaced them with the hybrid version. Yes, the old style are preferred, good luck finding them !!

What is so different about them? The material they are made from?

Mods depend on what Division you plan to shoot in.Moving the pivot point is not permitted in Production as it is considered an external modification.

I'm aware of the Divisions' restrictions . I guess "inkedballedtarget" didn't read the original post carefully ,BUT that video he posted is just more info that i would want to know anyways . Still a trigger bar mod - on topic .I'm not sure if I'd go that far(changing trigger pad pivot point). I don't hunger for a sub-2# trigger Glock. It seems like i would go through alot of bars till i get it right. I've been down that road with 1911's/2011's, after a box full of oops parts,i'm still taking my 2011's to a gunsmith :blush:

BTW: My G35/G34/G17 in LIMITED , G34/G17 in Production

What is so different about them? The material they are made from?

The shape of the tab where the trigger spring hole is....It is no longer straight, has a curve to it now.