Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ways to reduce excessive holster wear?

Torogi

My blade-tech DOH is about 3yrs old now (got it used). My shadow is on the white now around the front corners of muzzle and dust cover. Also on both sides around the corner of the trigger guard.

I know kydex lasts forever, should i start looking at those leather lined DAA holsters? I have an SP01 back that is hardly used, i noticed that there is premature wear on same areas as my main gun.

Note. I do dry fire alot=)

ways to reduce wear? don't shoot. :)

i think the leather ones will still wear the finish, just a little slower. but instead of spending on a DAA holster, just put it towards a refinish. or, keep the wear and tear and call it patina. :cheers:

+1. IMO it just shows you're putting in your work. Maybe get it Hard Chromed if it really bothers you, HC guns almost never show too much wear.

It's funny, with nice guitars guys actually spend LOTS more to get ones that have been made to have that "relic" or worn in look as it looks so much cooler... I kinda think it works the same way with guns.

• 2 months later...

I take pride in my guns when they start to wear. A number of years ago I did own a leather lined holster from tucker gun leather out of TX called the rolling thunder. Not sure if they are still making it but it did work pretty well at protecting the guns finish.