Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

caddies

I've been running the CCW 6 rounders and so far they've worked great. Not the most comfortable to bend over with though if you have them in the front. Doesn't seem to bother me if I'm shooting, but definetly notice them when helping with re-sets, mostly re-setting poppers. The four rounders would be a lot better in that respect though. The design itself seems solid. Yes there are better out there, but for the price they're GTG.

Can you pull 6 at a time?

If you load one at a time the 6 round is practical.

But I've found it difficult to grab three at a time consistently.

Maybe I just need to practice more.

Also, my 6 round was ROUGH and the spring was ridiculously tight.

I had to sand the rough edges down and take some pliers to the springs to bend them to be more loose.

I use both the 4 and 6 round CCW caddies. Normally I load 4 at a time. But I like to have the 6 rounders for big stages or I will often carry slugs or backup rounds in the 6 rounders on my side. When I load from the 6 rounder, I found it easier to load 3 at a time, but sometimes while running around I end up grabbing 4 instead. No big deal normally.

I think there are different belt attach for the caddies. Personally, I found I like the style that has the metal wire belt attach as opposed to the flat sheetmetal version. Much easier to reconfigure my belt between stages.

The CCW Caddies are gtg for the price.. I prefer the more expensive man-mountain 4 rd caddies for most stages.

I do still use the 6 rd CCW for some stages. I to found it all to easy to grab the wrong amount when I wanted either four or occasionally three. What I did to solv this problem was I ground a notch in the plastic of the rail the front of the shell was in. Right between shell number four and five. When grabbing shells the tip of my middle finger hits the notch and I know Im right where I need to be to grab Four. Move up one shell to grab three. Its very intuitive once you try it.

The CCW Caddies are gtg for the price.. I prefer the more expensive man-mountain 4 rd caddies for most stages.

I do still use the 6 rd CCW for some stages. I to found it all to easy to grab the wrong amount when I wanted either four or occasionally three. What I did to solv this problem was I ground a notch in the plastic of the rail the front of the shell was in. Right between shell number four and five. When grabbing shells the tip of my middle finger hits the notch and I know Im right where I need to be to grab Four. Move up one shell to grab three. Its very intuitive once you try it.

Have a pic of this mod?

Have a pic of this mod?

No. But I can take one in the next few days and post one.