Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What recoil spring weight for STI Trojan .40sw

Prov1x

I just picked up a STI Trojan in .40sw and am wanting to replace the recoil spring to help reduce the recoil a bit. I'm shooting about 168-170 power factor with my current reloads. I was looking at Dawson Precisions website and thought about buying from them so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

ETA: I put 200 rounds of my reloads through it this past weekend and everything ran great with no malfuntions of any kind and this is about the only option I'm wanting to change right now.

Edited by Prov1x

typically 12.5 or 14 for the 40 depending on personal preference

what would the difference be in performance between the two? sorry for the simple questions but this will be my first year shooting ss and don't know what to change or keep the same etc...

Do this with a timmer. Line up the sights break the shot and see the front sight lift and return break the second shot as soon as the front sight returns do this a few tmies. change springs and try it again and see what feels best to you. Check you're splits ( make sure you SEE the front sights lift and return ) Im not saying this is only way it's just one that maybe you can see the difference in the springs. :cheers:

Edited by a matt