Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new PVC target stands

Check it out... I put these together last month out of 1-1/2" PVC. I filled the cross members with sand and capped the ends before glueing the elbows, and then drilled holes in the long sections for drainage in case it rains (which it did the first time we used them)... each is just over 10#s which is great as I dont need sand bags like I did with some of the thinner metal stands for sale on ebay. The six inch pieces off of the tee's are not glued in so they are a bit easier to store and transport. [edit]... if you ... have any ideas for improvements, let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

post-29762-0-11163200-1323816673_thumb.j

post-29762-0-90745800-1323816680_thumb.j

post-29762-0-59829000-1323816686_thumb.j

Edited by Flexmoney

Check it out... I put these together last month out of 1-1/2" PVC. I filled the cross members with sand and capped the ends before glueing the elbows, and then drilled holes in the long sections for drainage in case it rains (which it did the first time we used them)... each is just over 10#s which is great as I dont need sand bags like I did with some of the thinner metal stands for sale on ebay. The six inch pieces off of the tee's are not glued in so they are a bit easier to store and transport. [edit]... if you ... have any ideas for improvements, let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

For personal use , its really cool.

For club use " :wacko::wacko: " . Ive built alot of PVC target stands for my club , but they crack when the careless

tries to stake them down . And yes , they crack especially with the holes drilled then nailed down.

Good idea - thanks.

The more you drill the weaker they get. I use re-bar with a bent hook. One in front and one in back. My bases are full of sand with a threaded fitting on opposite corners to empty if I want to.

The corner fittings are a sanitary tee with an end cleanout glued in.

p400-015-1.jpg

Fitting-Cleanout-Adapter-1WKR6_AS01.JPG clean out

• 2 months later...